Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Ashlene
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2016/2017

Post by Ashlene »

blackmageheart wrote:Welcome, Ashlene! Hope you like it here!

Your pattern seems ok to me, you got the dimensions and ct all right! The most important thing is that YOU are happy with it. It's not fun to stitch something you don't feel happy about and just becomes a chore. If you did decide to make some changes, I'd be pleased to offer assistance! Just PM me if needed! :D
Thank you!! I think I'm happy with it. I don't mind the blurriness of it. Once I start it I will probably modify some of the colors as I go to fix some of it.
Current Projects:
  • Epic Pokemong Gen 1 - pg. 2/30
    Banjo Kazooie scene for charity quilt
    Finn Faces
    Giant Octopus Amigurumi

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

Halfway through my pokemon square. Had a thought for another one - Neko Atsume, more specifically, either Bob the Cat, or Joe DeMeowgio... because they're the only two rares i've seen.
OR TUBBS.
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I was busy last night! Most of what you see done on page three wasn't there 24 hours ago :P
Spoiler
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

BritRo
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BritRo »

Here's my progress thus far!
Working on Chikorita!
Spoiler
"You shouldn't have done that..."

FluffyBunnySlippers
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FluffyBunnySlippers »

Why must Aida not measure even? -_-; The square I started 4 years ago is 4 rows off one way and 1 row off the other. Is this okay, or should I add rows?
World's No. 1 Emotional Disaster

https://www.facebook.com/infinitestitchings/

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

FluffyBunnySlippers wrote:Why must Aida not measure even? -_-; The square I started 4 years ago is 4 rows off one way and 1 row off the other. Is this okay, or should I add rows?
I think usually people just add the rows to make it right. I know I've had to do it myself once or twice, as have others.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

@FluffyBunnySlippers...I somehow usually end up having to add at least one row to at least one of my squares each year :P Good luck!

@BritRo...it's looking great!!!

A busy week for me! My fingers were flying :P
Spoiler
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

FluffyBunnySlippers
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FluffyBunnySlippers »

SofaraStarfyre wrote:I think usually people just add the rows to make it right. I know I've had to do it myself once or twice, as have others.
Firehawke wrote:@FluffyBunnySlippers...I somehow usually end up having to add at least one row to at least one of my squares each year :P Good luck!
If it was a pattern that I was currently making, I could easily adjust for it. But I made this pattern and started stitching it in 2012. Finding the exact pixel on the image to add a couple rows will be a pain. Doable, but a pain. And I just finally finished tweaking it. (I don't mean to sound mean or whiny, just informative.)
World's No. 1 Emotional Disaster

https://www.facebook.com/infinitestitchings/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

FluffyBunnySlippers wrote:
SofaraStarfyre wrote:I think usually people just add the rows to make it right. I know I've had to do it myself once or twice, as have others.
Firehawke wrote:@FluffyBunnySlippers...I somehow usually end up having to add at least one row to at least one of my squares each year :P Good luck!
If it was a pattern that I was currently making, I could easily adjust for it. But I made this pattern and started stitching it in 2012. Finding the exact pixel on the image to add a couple rows will be a pain. Doable, but a pain. And I just finally finished tweaking it. (I don't mean to sound mean or whiny, just informative.)
You don't sound whiny!!! You are just stating facts! :nod I get how totally frustrating and challenging it can be!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

(hope this isn't double posting!)

Bit of an update...I've decided to give up on my :peach block from Super Mario Advance square (didn't want to pick out a ton of stitches or start over). But, in a totally unexpected surprise, my mom said that she would like to give it a try!!! She used to cross stitch ALL the time, but due to nerve and brain damage from her various health issues, she hasn't been able to successfully stitch for years. So, I'm going to order the aida tonight (WAY too hot to try and get to Hobby Lobby with working full time and walking everywhere) and print off the pattern for her (she prefers paper patterns...and people say that we are exactly alike...we don't even do our stitches in the same direction!) and separate the colors she needs from my SoS colors. There's a chance that I may end up helping on it a bit, but that's okay...I'm just SO excited that she feels like giving it a try!!!!

So, I've added her name to the Google Doc and I'm going to start on my search for another square...probably going to go with one of the games I've recently become addicted to :P