Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
drdenman
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2016/2017

Post by drdenman »

Oh yay! I think I'm going to try to do a square again this year. I really want to do tetris blast. And I have just the screen shot in mind!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yay!!! Glad that we are working on another one...and hopefully life starts treating you better!

I already have one finished (just haven't posted a pic yet)...and three more started (but 1 didn't get put on the list, because I can't remember which game it's from...plus I messed up on counting and am pushing it off)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

arkani wrote:
Knittenkitten wrote:I like the first pic better. It shows a lot more detail of the sovereign in it.
I like it better too, but I can't get it to cooperate and it looks terrible when I play with it in KG and PCStitch. All confetti-y and just nasty looking, no real definition.
I like this one too. Let me know if I can help with fixing it up, arkani. :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

blackmageheart wrote:
arkani wrote:
Knittenkitten wrote:I like the first pic better. It shows a lot more detail of the sovereign in it.
I like it better too, but I can't get it to cooperate and it looks terrible when I play with it in KG and PCStitch. All confetti-y and just nasty looking, no real definition.
I like this one too. Let me know if I can help with fixing it up, arkani. :)

If you could, that would be ah-mazing, BMH! If you need a different/better pic of it, I can always go jump on a new ME2 game and get some more shots in different/better/bigger formats.
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

stitchandpaddle
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by stitchandpaddle »

Can't wait to get started on more quilt squares. :) I splurged and bought myself PC Stitch but haven't had anything to make on it yet.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Hi BMH... could you help me turn these into patterns please?

For Paperboy, when I use KG, it looks terrible. PC is okay if I use 30+ colors (which seems excessive). I also only have the free version, so I can't save the pattern and send it.

For Yoshi, I can't get him to look decent no matter what I do. [Also, I know someone else claimed Yoshi's Island. The way I stitch, it will be for the 2018 Charity quilt].

Any help is appreciated. Also, any help telling me what you did would be great, so I can get these patterns figured out myself. Thank you!
Attachments
Yoshis Island Stomach.jpg
Yoshis Island Stomach.jpg (23.64 KiB) Viewed 9489 times
OtherRedhouse3.jpg
OtherRedhouse3.jpg (34.62 KiB) Viewed 9489 times
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

Hey LucyInTheSky, First obstacle is that these pictures are in .jpg format. jpg's are compressed images that don't preserve the individual pixels. If possible, try getting a .png or .bmp file. Those will preserve the pixels and come out much cleaner.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Nice long time, I'm gonna try and finish my xenoblade chronicles piece.

And maybe thinking of a Fallout square too...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Delver01 wrote:Hey LucyInTheSky, First obstacle is that these pictures are in .jpg format. jpg's are compressed images that don't preserve the individual pixels. If possible, try getting a .png or .bmp file. Those will preserve the pixels and come out much cleaner.
^some of this. For older games like these, I prefer a png or gif, rather than a bmp. (Although, I can work with bmp and even jpg and still get results!)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Delver01 wrote:Hey LucyInTheSky, First obstacle is that these pictures are in .jpg format. jpg's are compressed images that don't preserve the individual pixels. If possible, try getting a .png or .bmp file. Those will preserve the pixels and come out much cleaner.
Thank you for the suggestion (and BMH too). I'll get a png and see what I can do!
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com