Stitching for Charity 2016/2017/18

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2016/2017

Post by Firehawke »

Glad you have a working computer now! :nod

Got a good start over the weekend (didn't do much anything else, aside from church) while I had natural light. A lot of stitches were done in 939, so that helped! There's actually a little bit more done...turns out the camera didn't catch the few stitches on the right edge :P
Spoiler
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I was SO excited! Did the last few stitches and then it got measured. Left to right, one stitch short. No big deal, easy to fix! Top to bottom...over 1/2 an inch off! :confused: :cry:

Can't figure out how this happened....scratch that. Just measured...it's not 16 count...it's 16 count wide, 18 count deep :banghead:

Needless to say, this block won't be sent in. :cray:
Spoiler

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Whoa, you mean the actual fabric is off? That is such a shame, because it's a lovely image :(
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks! It is! One direction, it's 16 count...the other direction, 18 count. Killer thing is, when I ordered it, they were out of the smaller pieces, so I got a larger roll and was planning on getting at least 3 blocks out of it. SO not going to use the rest of this aida for blocks!

On a good note...I measured my Toy Blast block (nowhere close to being done)...and it's the right size! :)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

That's unfortunate! But hey, you get to keep your pretty stitching, right? Silver linings and all that :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Totally! It will be nice to have it up on my wall...oddly enough, I don't have any of my stitching up :shock:

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

*laugh* Yeah, I keep giving my stuff away so I don't have any up either!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

@mbiogirlumd...Glad I'm not the only one with that challenge :P

Met my weekend crafting goal!
Spoiler
And with that, here's a pic showing off what 70K+ stitches look like!
Spoiler
Hope to get them in the mail later this month!

And yes, already thinking of new block ideas...someone's been noticing a lot of mushrooms in non-Mario games :P

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Hey everyone!

I am sorry I kind of disappeared. I have been super busy. I wanted to let you know I received squares from Awenmir and Firehawke. I need squares BY August 1 from everyone so please make sure you get them finished up and in the mail!

If you mailed it to the Maryland address in the past 2 weeks I have not been there so have not seen them.

kryssiecat
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by kryssiecat »

Haha, so not funny, but I actually procrastinated too long. I've only got about 20% of my square done and for some reason I thought they were due no later than September 1st. I tried to push myself to get it done but my hands simply can't handle that much stitching in such a short time period anymore. Apologies! It will have to be for next year.
Mother of Link Liam L.