Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

2015 Swap - sign ups!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

2015 Swap - sign ups!

Post by blackmageheart »

Can't believe it's that time already - swap time! Well, sign up time, anyway. Please have a read through the notes below and follow the instructions to sign up. Please feel free to ask any questions in this thread, I'll reply as soon as I possibly can!

Signing up and surveys
Signups will be done by sending a survey (which I will provide at the end of this post) but also by adding your name and tier(s) to a Google doc. Surveys must be 100% complete – please don’t leave any questions blank and do include your first name and surname with your full address.

Commitment
For Cosmos’ sake, do not sign up for a swap if you know you can’t complete and send gifts out in good time. You may have work or life commitments, for example. I understand that sometimes stuff happens and you can’t always see it coming (believe me I understand only too well), in those cases all I ask is that you let me know as soon as you can.

Time Management
Both swaps will last for four(ish)months, from the first week of July until the end of October. It sounds like a long time but don’t let yourself become complacent – time waits for no-one, especially procrastinators! If you need some help with managing your crafting time I would be happy to assist.

Data
I keep a record of swaps and this includes participants’ names and addresses along with notes I add for each person. All personal data is held securely by me and will not be used outside of Sprite Stitch. Information relevant to the swap will only be shared with your approved swap partner(s).

Communication during the swap
All questions will be relayed through me (and my poor inboxes!) so if there’s something you absolutely need to know, PM it to me and I’ll ask for you. This is just to ensure that partners remain a mystery until you get your gifts.

Shipping and Customs
If you can, please make yourself available for international shipping, or at least to the country/countries next door. There will be a field in the Doc for specifying your shipping preferences.
The other thing is customs – many countries require a declaration of the items inside and value of your parcel. If your destination country needs a customs form filled in, please mark the items as Gift as this will prevent your intended recipient from having to pay import taxes and customs fees. I will try and let the international peeps know if they need to obtain a customs declaration form and assist in completing it where I can.

Help and Advice
As always, I am available to help with patterns, designs, advice and even if you just need to rant that your gift went horribly wrong. I can be contacted in the following ways:
Forum PM, email ( miragedance@hotmail.com or crazyblackmage@gmail.com ) and Facebook/Twitter (hit my buttons in my sig for those).

On to the survey! Please download the .txt, add your details and answers and save it as <your username>.txt. Then return the file to me via PM or email.
I would very much appreciate all of you sending me the survey in this format, as it will save a lot of time!
Anyway, here it is:
survey.txt
(452 Bytes) Downloaded 323 times
And the Google document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Please return all surveys by Friday 3rd July and ensure that you have added yourself to the document. Swap begins on Saturday 4th July when I make the opening post.
Thank you!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Re: 2015 Swap - sign ups!

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

I think maybe the spreadsheet needs to be allowed to be used by others? I tried to sign up on it, but it wouldn't let me type anything.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

SofaraStarfyre wrote:I think maybe the spreadsheet needs to be allowed to be used by others? I tried to sign up on it, but it wouldn't let me type anything.
Oops, sorry - that was totally my bad. Fixed :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

rbaron
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by rbaron »

What are the criteria for the different types of Swap?
Blog: http://backstagestitch.wordpress.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/Backstagestitches
Travel Blog:http://backstagetravels.wordpress.com

Current Projects:
LOTR Silhouette
Portal Blanket
RMDC wrote:May the only stains on your aida be the blood of your enemies!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

rbaron wrote:What are the criteria for the different types of Swap?
Mini = small items
Mega = anything goes

The mini swap is fairly easy, as the only real rule is that you stick to making a small item or a bunch of small items. The mega (what used to be the "big" swap) is a little more challenging, as there are no limits except the time constraints. :)

SofaraStarfyre
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by SofaraStarfyre »

blackmageheart wrote:Oops, sorry - that was totally my bad. Fixed :)
No worries :)

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

I really wanna do this again, but I do have a bunch of stuff I'm working on. Hrm...will have to think about it for a little bit.
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

I've been a bit quiet lately, due to college commitments, but I'll be free within 2 weeks, just in time for the swap! :yahoo: I love taking part in the swaps and can't wait. Now for the tricky decision.... Mini or mega? Hmmmm
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

Hellfire
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Hellfire »

I enjoyed taking part in my first swap last year, been looking forward to this years one.
Got to get my desk sorted so i can start making lists of what to make.
WIP: Epic Pokemon generation III page 6of 30
Disney Princesses: page 2 of far to many. Lol.
SAL sampler
Disney birth sampler.

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

Very excited!! I was bummed I missed this last year.
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com