Raffle it online
73%

Total votes: 15

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Re: 2014 Charity Quilt 2

Post by LucyInTheSky »

tnitnetny wrote:That is a fantastic idea! I just googled Qr codes and you can make them for free. I could make a sign with the qr code so people could scan it for the site for more information! Brilliant!
I would also suggest having the website address below because I think you need a QR reading app, but if it's on the sign, they could just take a picture of the website address, no paper needed.

On my to do list is to make a QR code quilt to go to my site. As long as they're contrast-y fabrics and meticulous seam intersections, it should work (famous last words)
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

Make it $5 and $5 in person? Most people aren't going to actually realize the difference. Online price can be whichever you choose. Could be a selling point in one of the countries that if they buy a ticket in person instead of online that they get the ticket at a discount. Since its charity does it really matter if it's slightly different?

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

It does Eliste. When I collect money in person and put them up on the site it will charge my credit card. So I would have to do the conversions and then put the converted rate up on the site. Would that look strange and make it seem I am giving discounts to the Canada people?

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

tnitnetny wrote:It does Eliste. When I collect money in person and put them up on the site it will charge my credit card. So I would have to do the conversions and then put the converted rate up on the site. Would that look strange and make it seem I am giving discounts to the Canada people?
I think as long as you make it clear... bolded... in red font... the US peeps will figure it out. It's a little more difficult since the exchange rates are so close. But I think it'll be figure out-able. And if it's a weird number like 4.32 (random number) I think it'll be more obvious that it's an exchange thing

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

2014 Charity Quilt 2

Post by Eliste »

You could make the online version one price only, say always 5 U.S.. People will always pay that price when it's online. Then offer the rate in person of 5 (local currency). Probably get more buys overall in person that way.

Like, person is interested- you can give them the option to online or in person. In one country, the positions are the same $5 & $5. In Canada, you give those who want to buy in person the cheaper rate of 5 CAD. People will instantly be more likely to buy for the deal, avoiding the conversion issues. Will probably result in more purchases.

In the end, the money is all going to charity. People aren't going to quibble over the slight variation and it makes it easier.

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

Eliste, when someone buys it in person I have to immediately put it on line so they can be assigned a "ticket" and it charges my credit card (at the end all of the money gets sent to the charity from the site).

But if what everyone else is saying is right then people who see a ticket on line for "x conversion rate" shouldn't matter and people will understand.

Ok, I will plan on that! I will showcase it at Con Bravo and bring it to Gen Con. I don't think I can display it at GenCon (sharing the very small space with 2 others) but I am going to try and have it in my book and will make a sign.

So far everyone thinks $5 a ticket is good?

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

tnitnetny wrote:Eliste, when someone buys it in person I have to immediately put it on line so they can be assigned a "ticket" and it charges my credit card (at the end all of the money gets sent to the charity from the site).

But if what everyone else is saying is right then people who see a ticket on line for "x conversion rate" shouldn't matter and people will understand.

Ok, I will plan on that! I will showcase it at Con Bravo and bring it to Gen Con. I don't think I can display it at GenCon (sharing the very small space with 2 others) but I am going to try and have it in my book and will make a sign.

So far everyone thinks $5 a ticket is good?
I think you could also note on the sign that it's $5 USD so currency conversion will happen or just something to be like "omg, don't freak out, it's for charity" :D

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I like that. Nicely worded. :D

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

I have the raffle up and it is live! I wanted to give it at least 30 days and be able to have the sign for Con Bravo and Gen Con.

https://www.raffleriver.com/app/raffle. ... fleID=2878

What do you think? Should I change anything? Add, take away?

katdun
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by katdun »

I like the page set-up, but is there any way to get a zoom on the picture or maybe add some close ups? It's kind of hard to see online. Or a link to the creation page on the boards maybe so people can see how much work went into it?

Thanks for all your hard work on this! :clapping:
Current Projects:
Pen Pals!
Sprite Stitch Swap!
Learning to crochet!