Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stitching for Charity 2015

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2015

Post by tnitnetny »

RoseLight and shewhoroars, those look different enough to me. They are both from different games right? If so, then go for it.

And shewhoroars, that is the problem with "art" that is not really part of the game. It is REALLY hard to make it look good in a pixelated environment.

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Kareesh wrote:Woo! I have a whole list of them I would like to do, but only signed up for the first 2. Might have to start these in January as I have a couple of projects I need to get done sooner rather than later. :)

Edit: On that note, which would look best for the Little Nemo square?
Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (34).png
The second picture is awesome, although I wonder if it'll be too much of a black empty space in that corner
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

My past failures are causing me to hesitate. Although as harvest moon has already been picked up perhaps a new project will be what I need to get it done, I'm getting a little obsessed with xenoblade chronicles at the moment, so I'd love to do that, but getting the design right is gonna be tricky...

What say you?
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

tnitnetny wrote:RoseLight and shewhoroars, those look different enough to me. They are both from different games right? If so, then go for it.

And shewhoroars, that is the problem with "art" that is not really part of the game. It is REALLY hard to make it look good in a pixelated environment.
And yep, we made sure they were different games and very different shots :D I'm glad it's going to work out, I'm REALLY excited for this square. And yeah, I found that out the hard way when I tried to shrink it down >. < I may just have to make it a personal project for a later date haha

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

My past failures are causing me to hesitate. Although as harvest moon has already been picked up perhaps a new project will be what I need to get it done, I'm getting a little obsessed with xenoblade chronicles at the moment, so I'd love to do that, but getting the design right is gonna be tricky...

What say you?
I'd love to see a quilt square from Xenoblade Chronicles :D

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

just ordered myself some 16ct aida! i am always so excited to start these guys! ssb4 and child of light for me this year! i really wanted to do jigglypuff being splatted against the front screen when she gets ko'd...but it just looks like a jigglypuff. probably do one of her using sing.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

QueenBex wrote: What say you?
I say you and me will finally finish one this year. C'mon, we can do it!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Signed up and both squares are started! Some of you might remember that my mom tried to work on a square for this year, but her health didn't cooperate. We're hoping that this round is totally different! She helped decide what image to use and got a start on it this week...and now she's further than I am. :P My vacation starts next Friday, so I'm hoping to get a lot of progress done in the next few weeks!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

sawyerssnowflake
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by sawyerssnowflake »

Hey guys! This is one of the main reasons I joined this forum. However, I do not know how to make patterns on my laptop that is extremely old! If I pick an image can someone pretty please make a pattern for it? I would be extremely grateful!

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

sawyerssnowflake wrote:Hey guys! This is one of the main reasons I joined this forum. However, I do not know how to make patterns on my laptop that is extremely old! If I pick an image can someone pretty please make a pattern for it? I would be extremely grateful!
We've got plenty of people that'd be happy to help you with a pattern. :) you can submit it in the "pattern request" thread.