Stitching for Charity 2015

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Stitching for Charity 2015

Post by Clarington »

You should have knocked, I was home!

You live in London? How did I not know that a Sprite Stitch member was here in London! Or did I direct you to Sprite Stitch? ;)
No we haven't met. Sorry for not knocking, I had the hubby in tow after a reeeeaaaallllly long day and both just wanted to get home. Hopefully we'll get another chance to meet sometime. Maybe when I win the charity raffle! Haha! :yahoo:
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

Sent off my square from Japan yesterday. I know I am leaving it a bit fine, so I hope it gets there in time. I was surprised that I didn't have to fill in a customs form, so I hope it doesn't cause any problems. I would have asked about delivery times, but talking to the staff is hard. I should study more Japanese... :banghead:

I put pics in the completed thread as well!
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

I am ashamed to say this, but this will be the first year I can't submit a finished square. I've been so unwell that I didn't even stitch for a couple of months and my Sonic 3 & Knuckles square is far from done. I could probably do it if I could just pull myself together, but I don't seem to have the strength or energy for it. I'll just keep it for next year, and I'll still be able to make the quilt certificates!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

tnitnetny
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by tnitnetny »

BMH, you do so much for the charity quilt each year. Please take a break and take care of yourself!

katdun
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by katdun »

I finished up two squares! I finally had the determination to stitch the second half of my Ice Hockey square from two years ago (8K stitches of white on white - lesson learned, never again), and I still had time to stitch up another easy Bubble Bobble square. I will post pics later, but they are in the mail and on their way to Canada. :yahoo:
Clarington wrote:Finished my square and dropped it off at Toni's house tonight since we live in the same city. So check your front door Toni :)
A pic of the finished square is in the finished square thread.
That made me laugh! lol It's funny you haven't met before.
blackmageheart wrote:I am ashamed to say this, but this will be the first year I can't submit a finished square. I've been so unwell that I didn't even stitch for a couple of months and my Sonic 3 & Knuckles square is far from done. I could probably do it if I could just pull myself together, but I don't seem to have the strength or energy for it. I'll just keep it for next year, and I'll still be able to make the quilt certificates!
I hope you start feeling better, BMH!
Current Projects:
Pen Pals!
Sprite Stitch Swap!
Learning to crochet!

Eliste
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Eliste »

My square went in the post today, so fingers crossed it'll make it in time.

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

OH MY GOSH I FORGOT TO MAIL MY SQUARE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ohmygosh I'll mail it as soon as I can!!!!!!!

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

blackmageheart wrote:I am ashamed to say this, but this will be the first year I can't submit a finished square. I've been so unwell that I didn't even stitch for a couple of months and my Sonic 3 & Knuckles square is far from done. I could probably do it if I could just pull myself together, but I don't seem to have the strength or energy for it. I'll just keep it for next year, and I'll still be able to make the quilt certificates!
BMH, you're like the goddess of organizing all of this, not finishing a square, especially for such a good reason, is hardly even close to something that anyone could get upset about. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better!

Awenmir
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Awenmir »

Sorry all, I've had a bit of a mad few months with university finals, graduation and a trip to Japan. I've been trying my hardest to get my square done, but I'm afraid it's not going to be with you in time for this years quilt :(. I'll send it off as soon as it's finished for next years instead :).

stitchandpaddle
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by stitchandpaddle »

Posting this late, but I got my square into the mail on the 19th, so it'll hopefully get in on time.