Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Challenge Themes and Stuff

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Challenge Themes and Stuff

Post by blackmageheart »

starrley wrote:Yeah, I'm in Texas, so the only local folklore I can think of is the Chupacabra (goat sucker.) I don't think I would want to stitch him, LOL. :)
I WOULD
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

blackmageheart wrote:
starrley wrote:Yeah, I'm in Texas, so the only local folklore I can think of is the Chupacabra (goat sucker.) I don't think I would want to stitch him, LOL. :)
I WOULD
LOL, you probably would. :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

Starrley -> My original thought was not necessarily local monsters (I live in Indiana and there are none for us that I know of) but of North America as a whole which would include Native American folklore as well as things like The Jersey Devil, Wendigos, Chupacabras, the lake monster in Lake Michigan (I believe and can't remember her name atm lol), etc. :D

glitch
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by glitch »

Don't forget Champy in Lake Champlain. :D
I live under a rock, where it's nice and cool.

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

And the Mothman!

Also, I had an idea for a year-long stitch-a-long. I'm currently doing it this year, but alas, was too late to introduce here. Pretty much, you choose colors for a range of temperatures, then you stitch one line for the high (or I suppose you could do low as well) of a day. Each line is a day. I explained more of how I did in in my random project thread. I think it would be cool to see how different people's projects are based on their location as well as the colors they choose. :)
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

I think it would be really neat to take one of these huge projects we have floating around here and do a stitch along where we actually send the cloth/pattern/thread to each other and we all stitch a page and then send it on to someone else. We could all chip in for cloth/thread for it and then maybe give it as a charity thing as well or do a raffle or giveaway with it as a prize or something.

Glitch -> I think Champy was the one I was thinking of. :D

m4pl3g1rl
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by m4pl3g1rl »

In Native American lore there is a beast called the ahuizotle that looks like a wet dog that has a prehensile tail with a hand on it that lures travelers away with a cry that sounds like a baby. It then eats the teeth, fingernails and toenails and eyeballs.

Pantheon.org is an amazing site for mythology lore.
ImageImageImageImage

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Can the next challenge be extra long please? I keep wanting to take part but keep missing it :(
Although I think I was put off for the last one as my idea was done by someone else within days...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Should we have a thread for the not-quite-done-in-time challenge pieces? It would be nice to see the ones that didn't make the deadline as well.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

SunkistShiek
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by SunkistShiek »

Pyper wrote:Should we have a thread for the not-quite-done-in-time challenge pieces? It would be nice to see the ones that didn't make the deadline as well.
Well, when I do finish mine, I'll have something to add to it too. Although, mine was because it became something much bigger than I thought, and I started it later than I wanted to. >_<
WIP
Link's Sword (4/30); SAL Sampler; Adult Size Monster Pants (knitting)
ImageImageImage