Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Challenge Themes and Stuff

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Re: Challenge Themes and Stuff

Post by QueenBex »

Pyper wrote:Should we have a thread for the not-quite-done-in-time challenge pieces? It would be nice to see the ones that didn't make the deadline as well.
That would be a good idea. That would be a good encouragement to finish these things too :P
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

QueenBex wrote:
Pyper wrote:Should we have a thread for the not-quite-done-in-time challenge pieces? It would be nice to see the ones that didn't make the deadline as well.
That would be a good idea. That would be a good encouragement to finish these things too :P
A thread like that is something I have thought about before, consider it done. :)

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15126
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

kurokuni23
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by kurokuni23 »

Hello, new member here! Just started to get interested in the Challenges posted here.

LOVE the idea of lesser known Mythological creatures, one of my personal favs being the Nightmare horse.

One suggestion I have for a monthly challenge, how about a Song theme? I noticed somebody had posted the song Ballad of The Wind Fish from Link's Awakening and haven't seen much else like it around.

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

How about an Andy Warhol character challenge?

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

While I'm obsessed with it, something D&D related!!!
Perhaps a Nintendo/d&d mash up. Like Mario as an elf, Toad as a halfling.
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

m4pl3g1rl
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by m4pl3g1rl »

I love the Andy Warhol idea - maybe change it to a pop art type challenge? Although I'm assuming you mean the four portrait color altering thing. Which just sounds interesting. I'd get behind that.

Although I was wondering if there's been a form challenge as well as a flat stitching one? Like a biscornu or a puffy satchel? (The kind you stick pot pourri in.)
ImageImageImageImage

MeiTow
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by MeiTow »

m4pl3g1rl wrote:I love the Andy Warhol idea - maybe change it to a pop art type challenge? Although I'm assuming you mean the four portrait color altering thing. Which just sounds interesting. I'd get behind that.
Yes, I was referring to the soup can type thingy but pop art, in general, would probably work. :D

Although I was wondering if there's been a form challenge as well as a flat stitching one? Like a biscornu or a puffy satchel? (The kind you stick pot pourri in.)
I don't think there has been one specifically for this but these things are always welcome in other challenges! :)

kurokuni23
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by kurokuni23 »

This might be a bit too specific, but how about old Nintendo 64 games?

I do have a few things I'd love to do for the Banjo-Kazzoie games as well as Mariokart & the paintings from Super Mario 64

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

kurokuni23 wrote:This might be a bit too specific, but how about old Nintendo 64 games?
YES love me some N64.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Would anyone be interested in doing a stitch a long for April and May? I'm thinking something like the Sampler SAL we did in 2013. Any thoughts?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...