Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

AUGUST Challenge - Bling!

Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

AUGUST Challenge - Bling!

Post by blackmageheart »

Who doesn't like the sparklies? I certainly do. I'm a real magpie for anything glittery, sparkly or shiny. It's just FABULOUS.
Anyway, for a fun, month-long challenge I've snatched one of the many ideas chucked at me in recent months - thanks go to Miss Clawful for this one. As she previously said:
Miss Clawful wrote:Bling - Ooh, shiny!! (make something that shines, gleams, glitters, any item from a game such as coins, jewelry, a crystal, even the gleam on the blade of a sword; doesn't have to actually be shiny physically, just be a representation of something that would be, though if able you can use whatever material you can to bring out the shine of that object for all to see here in the real world, such as using metallic floss for cross-stitching instead of just plain floss)
So make for this magpie your favourite shinies! Anything you like, but please keep it game-related. Also, please make something specifically for the challenge, rather than entering previously made stuff. Oh and have your entries in by 31st August. :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

rogueprincess20
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: AUGUST Challenge - Bling!

Post by rogueprincess20 »

OOOOHHHH I owe my cousin a gift of something that is shiny in a game and I got shiny stuff to make it too. This challenge is just in time ( it also helps I procrastinated making it lol)
Current Projects: LTTP Light World

arkani
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by arkani »

Whee shinies! I have an idea i've been toying with, too! :D :tri
Working on:
Retro X & Y! - lost the pattern and fabric, but it's resurfaced :D ...and i've lost it again lol
Attempting Diamond Painting
Making like three crochet blankets at once #nolife
slowly amassing floss for the old-style Epic Pokemon

caslzelda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by caslzelda »

Hmmmm, shiny? dibs on pokemon :P
Current Project
Space invaders mini rug

Playing
WiiUMario Kart | 3DS: Pokémon X and Radiant Historia

Getting Social
http://www.etsy.com/shop/GameOfThreads
https://www.facebook.com/gameofthreads

Jennalyn
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Jennalyn »

Hello! First time posting on the forum. Since I don't usually have a lot of time for stitching, I decided to do something tiny in response to this challenge. My brother's GF happened to visit this weekend, so I got a lot more done than I would normally be able to while we crafted together.

X-stitch with some metallic thread over top of the outline squares for a bit of glitz and glamour. I figure there's enough Harry Potter games out there for a snitch to qualify?
Spoiler

DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by DuckyBelkins »

Wow that looks great!
Image Image Image Image

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Jennalyn wrote:X-stitch with some metallic thread over top of the outline squares for a bit of glitz and glamour. I figure there's enough Harry Potter games out there for a snitch to qualify?
Sure! And welcome to Sprite Stitch! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

Even though I don't have a lot of time right now, I've decided to make a small project for this challenge. I started working on it tonight. It's something I've wanted to make for a long time anyway. I'm using metallic thread for part of it and it's already making me crazy!!! :dizzy: I can't find my Thread Heaven, so I'll have to buy some more.
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA

BeadedImagination
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by BeadedImagination »

Mmmmm shinys... I have silver-lined, and galvanized gold and silver beads that are crying out to be used for this one! I needed some inspiration and you've provided it! I just might step away from my loom and try some square stitch instead :D
~Steph~

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

BeadedImagination wrote:Mmmmm shinys... I have silver-lined, and galvanized gold and silver beads that are crying out to be used for this one! I needed some inspiration and you've provided it! I just might step away from my loom and try some square stitch instead :D
~Steph~
Please do! I love your work. :nod
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA