Monthly Video Game Craft Challenges
RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: MARCH Challenge - Minimalism!

Post by RMDC »

That... is phenomenal. :D

This is probably my favorite challenge to have spectated in a long time. :nod
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Mario.Fan.64
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Mario.Fan.64 »

So when I saw this one I was incredibly inspired. There's a guy that made minimalism backgrounds of all the pokemon, http://pldh.net/gallery/the493, and I just couldn't help myself but go that way! Image quality is pretty lousy but hopefully it's still pretty clear.

Who's that pokemon!
It's Gloom!

Shazbang
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Shazbang »

Mario.Fan.64 wrote:So when I saw this one I was incredibly inspired. There's a guy that made minimalism backgrounds of all the pokemon, http://pldh.net/gallery/the493, and I just couldn't help myself but go that way! Image quality is pretty lousy but hopefully it's still pretty clear.

Who's that pokemon!
It's Gloom!
Cute! I love that we both went for different "Who's That Pokemon" designs =)
http://reeree6924.deviantart.com/

Current Projects:
- Dimensions Tiger Kit
- Disney Dreams Beauty and the Beast 5x7 kit (Up to the back stitching and french knots. Yuck.)
- Assorted small magnets to invade my fridge with

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Mario.Fan.64 wrote:So when I saw this one I was incredibly inspired. There's a guy that made minimalism backgrounds of all the pokemon, http://pldh.net/gallery/the493, and I just couldn't help myself but go that way!
I very nearly did one of those myself. I remember sitting for a while ages ago saving every. single. one. to my hard disk! I always figured they would be stitchable! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Mario.Fan.64
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Mario.Fan.64 »

blackmageheart wrote: I very nearly did one of those myself. I remember sitting for a while ages ago saving every. single. one. to my hard disk! I always figured they would be stitchable! :D
That's so funny! I did that too, spent hours saving all the ones I liked. I rotate them out as my desktop background. :)

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

That moment when you have time, energy and motivation to do tons but you realise the felt is an inch short, the glue is drying and your stuck in the middle of a project wondering how to continue...

Yep, that moment has come for me...
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

Shazbang wrote:Finally! I have finished what was originally meant to be something small that I could knock over in a couple of days and instead it took me weeks!

I give you... Who's That Pokemon?
1Whos That Pokemon - Shazbang - SS Minimalist.jpg
It measures just over 6x6 inches on plastic canvas - that's bigger than the Charity Quilt squares!
Thanks to my oversight while making the pattern, I ended up with what will now be a giant coaster instead of a regular sized one lol! :banghead:
It has 6 different blues in there! What a pain! But the main thing is the silhouette obviously lol :nod

Anywho, hope you guys like my very first challenge entry ever! :D
Okay, now this is a Pokemon one that I do like! Awesome and creative. :clapping:

QueenBex
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario
Rank 11 - Balloon Mario

Post by QueenBex »

Here's an idea I thought, It'll be easy I thought, It'll be quick I thought... I shouldn't listen to myself... I blame metallic threads, they intice you in with shiny-ness :P
My first entry!! Another is coming, need some extra materials though...
PS buttons (1).JPG
PS buttons (1).JPG (47.83 KiB) Viewed 5171 times
"much better to have a bottom that naturally flattens out than one that goes every which way when it's sitting on a surface" -RMDC

Shazbang
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Shazbang »

Miss Clawful wrote:Okay, now this is a Pokemon one that I do like! Awesome and creative. :clapping:
Thanks so much =)
I'm just glad I got it done! Now if only you guys would do my uni assignments for me you'd all be my favourite people in the world! =P
http://reeree6924.deviantart.com/

Current Projects:
- Dimensions Tiger Kit
- Disney Dreams Beauty and the Beast 5x7 kit (Up to the back stitching and french knots. Yuck.)
- Assorted small magnets to invade my fridge with

gamerwolff
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by gamerwolff »

QueenBex wrote:Here's an idea I thought, It'll be easy I thought, It'll be quick I thought... I shouldn't listen to myself... I blame metallic threads, they intice you in with shiny-ness :P
My first entry!! Another is coming, need some extra materials though...
PS buttons (1).JPG

I love it!!!!!!! I have to make one now!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Current Projects:
Gifts
CP Quilt Squares