Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

User avatar
soulknight23
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Dayton, OH

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby soulknight23 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:11 am

shanoa wrote:Another little quirk of this program is that when you are looking at your chart information it states the size in cm as double what it actually is. Gave myself a bit of a shock before I realized that while working on a large chart. :shock:


I'm working on a pattern right now and when I preview the chart information it seems to be double what it should be. I'm using the newest version and it still seems to be doing this. I followed the guides and did all the math to make sure that my pattern was the right sized. Anyone else having this issue?
Image

User avatar
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Posts: 5581
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:47 am
Location: Durham, UK
Contact:

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby blackmageheart » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:00 am

soulknight23 wrote:
shanoa wrote:Another little quirk of this program is that when you are looking at your chart information it states the size in cm as double what it actually is. Gave myself a bit of a shock before I realized that while working on a large chart. :shock:


I'm working on a pattern right now and when I preview the chart information it seems to be double what it should be. I'm using the newest version and it still seems to be doing this. I followed the guides and did all the math to make sure that my pattern was the right sized. Anyone else having this issue?

Go to Chart > Information and change the "Linen Th./One Stitch" to 1, if your cloth is set to Aida. This should give more appropriate dimensions for your pattern!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Batboard wrote:Your relationship between combustible engines and the 16 Olympics has to be the best ad campaign I've seen in years. Do you accept locks of hair or Paypal...

User avatar
soulknight23
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Dayton, OH

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby soulknight23 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks for your help! :good: I'm curious though, isn't cross stitch usually done with 2 threads of floss at a time? It seems a little strange that program would think that since one is using 2 threads that the picture would be double the size.
Image

User avatar
rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:12 pm
Location: Missouri Boonies
Contact:

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby rosey175 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:14 pm

soulknight23 wrote:Thanks for your help! :good: I'm curious though, isn't cross stitch usually done with 2 threads of floss at a time? It seems a little strange that program would think that since one is using 2 threads that the picture would be double the size.


I believe the program is thinking one is stitching over two -linen- threads (not the same as floss stands). In other words, stitching over two squares on the fabric, like this. This is often the case in higher count fabrics.

Also, one can use as many strands of floss they desire~ :D Some people don't like fabric showing through their stitches so they may up the amount of strands used.

User avatar
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Posts: 5581
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:47 am
Location: Durham, UK
Contact:

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby blackmageheart » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:17 am

rosey175 wrote:I believe the program is thinking one is stitching over two -linen- threads (not the same as floss stands). In other words, stitching over two squares on the fabric, like this. This is often the case in higher count fabrics.

Exactly this. It's the threads you stitch over, as rosey says. For some reason, the program's default is two, when it should really be one for aida and perhaps two for linen.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Batboard wrote:Your relationship between combustible engines and the 16 Olympics has to be the best ad campaign I've seen in years. Do you accept locks of hair or Paypal...

dark_king999
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby dark_king999 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:35 pm

blackmageheart wrote:
soulknight23 wrote:
shanoa wrote:Another little quirk of this program is that when you are looking at your chart information it states the size in cm as double what it actually is. Gave myself a bit of a shock before I realized that while working on a large chart. :shock:


I'm working on a pattern right now and when I preview the chart information it seems to be double what it should be. I'm using the newest version and it still seems to be doing this. I followed the guides and did all the math to make sure that my pattern was the right sized. Anyone else having this issue?

Go to Chart > Information and change the "Linen Th./One Stitch" to 1, if your cloth is set to Aida. This should give more appropriate dimensions for your pattern!


I was having this issue, and just that one little number cleared it all up for me! This program is really nifty, and it's fun tweaking it. I even taught my mother how to use it, and she's really excited to start making her own patterns now. Thanks a lot for this fix and thanks much for the entire guide about it!

kasura_iome
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:31 am
Contact:

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby kasura_iome » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:21 am

Okay, I'm not sure if you talked about this yet or not, but how do you move backstitching?
I'm currently working on a pattern, and it has backstitching in it, and I need to move it, but I can't figure it out. I've tried using the regional tool, but it doesn't work... and I can't even erase the backstitching and just do oit all over.
Please help! I'm getting so frustrated :banghead:
Deviantart? Why yes, I do have one! = 3
http://kasuraiome.deviantart.com

User avatar
RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Posts: 2045
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 1:02 am
Location: Northern VA, USA
Contact:

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby RMDC » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:41 am

Under the Other Stitch tab above your work, select the icon showing an arrow in a dotted-line box (Selection of Back Stitch). You can then click on an individual line of backspacing, or drag-select any number of stitches. Individual stitches will have knobs for extending, retracting, or moving endpoints. It's very picky when trying to select individual stitches, as well as being ornery about not showing the "move this" mouse pointer.
Image
Now playing on the blog: Snowy Owl, gaming posts. :tri

User avatar
Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Posts: 934
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby Servotron » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:44 am

kasura_iome wrote:Okay, I'm not sure if you talked about this yet or not, but how do you move backstitching?
I'm currently working on a pattern, and it has backstitching in it, and I need to move it, but I can't figure it out. I've tried using the regional tool, but it doesn't work... and I can't even erase the backstitching and just do oit all over.
Please help! I'm getting so frustrated :banghead:


Look along the top of the pattern and there just be a tab that says Other Stitch. Click this and on the left hand side should be some buttons. The top left one lets you select a section of back stitch.
Image Image Image Image

kasura_iome
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:31 am
Contact:

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby kasura_iome » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:48 am

Nevermind! I figured it out.
If anyone else is having problems, you have to go to other stitch -> Selection of backstitch (first tool on the left) and then you section the stitching you want to move and just move it!
Right in front of my face too... :club:
Deviantart? Why yes, I do have one! = 3
http://kasuraiome.deviantart.com

Return to “Patterns - Techniques and Guides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests