Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

User avatar
amynumba2
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby amynumba2 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:39 pm

I have a question about KG Chart please,

Is there a way to import multiple sprites or images onto one chart? (Everytime go to file/import it asks me to save my current chart and opens a new chart with the new image.) Or do I have to first open it up in another program and then import to KG after I have all my images on one page?

Thanks for the help, I love this site and am hoping to post some work soon! :peach

User avatar
Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby Servotron » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:20 am

amynumba2 wrote:I have a question about KG Chart please,

Is there a way to import multiple sprites or images onto one chart? (Everytime go to file/import it asks me to save my current chart and opens a new chart with the new image.) Or do I have to first open it up in another program and then import to KG after I have all my images on one page?

Thanks for the help, I love this site and am hoping to post some work soon! :peach


Yeah, you would have to put all of your sprites into one image file in a graphics program before you import it into KG Chart.
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
amynumba2
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby amynumba2 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:16 am

ok then :nod

I kinda figured as much, but wanted to check anyhow with people who used the program longer than I have.

Thanks Servo! :wave:

Pyper
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Posts: 978
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:31 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby Pyper » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:59 pm

How do you turn a pattern into a pdf in KGChart?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, koi pond, cat
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

User avatar
Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Posts: 932
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Cheshire, UK

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby Servotron » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:40 am

Pyper wrote:How do you turn a pattern into a pdf in KGChart?


Download a program called CutePDF. When you choose print, there will be an extra option in the printer list. Set the printer to CutePDF and press OK. A box will pop up letting you set where you want the file to be saved.
Image Image Image Image

User avatar
Draconix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 pm
Location: Hope, Arkansas

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby Draconix » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:09 am

How do I reduce the amount of pages to print up on KG-Chart? Thanks

User avatar
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Posts: 5400
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:47 am
Location: Durham, UK
Contact:

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby blackmageheart » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:25 am

Draconix wrote:How do I reduce the amount of pages to print up on KG-Chart? Thanks


In the Print Preview screen, use the "Mesh Size" slider / arrows to make the grid smaller. Usually this reduces the amount of pages needed for the whole pattern. :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Batboard wrote:Your relationship between combustible engines and the 16 Olympics has to be the best ad campaign I've seen in years. Do you accept locks of hair or Paypal...

User avatar
Draconix
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 pm
Location: Hope, Arkansas

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby Draconix » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:13 pm

blackmageheart wrote:
Draconix wrote:How do I reduce the amount of pages to print up on KG-Chart? Thanks


In the Print Preview screen, use the "Mesh Size" slider / arrows to make the grid smaller. Usually this reduces the amount of pages needed for the whole pattern. :D


Thanks!

tbsp
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby tbsp » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:02 pm

I seem to have a lot of trouble getting any of the programs I've tried to give what seem like reasonable thread selections across an entire image. Of course, that's largely based on comparing the original image colors to this image: http://www.thestitchershideaway.com/store/images/dmcolors.jpg, all on a computer.

Is it foolish to attempt thread selection in this manner? Should I be comparing a printout to threads in-store (or on-hand)? Or, am I just being overly picky for something that'll generally look pretty good as long as it's not WAY off?

RockstarGirl
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: Section, Alabama

Re: Using KG Chart and Making Patterns

Postby RockstarGirl » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 pm

tbsp wrote:I seem to have a lot of trouble getting any of the programs I've tried to give what seem like reasonable thread selections across an entire image. Of course, that's largely based on comparing the original image colors to this image: http://www.thestitchershideaway.com/store/images/dmcolors.jpg, all on a computer.

Is it foolish to attempt thread selection in this manner? Should I be comparing a printout to threads in-store (or on-hand)? Or, am I just being overly picky for something that'll generally look pretty good as long as it's not WAY off?


I'm currently working on a blue and purple dragon that I charted in PatternMaker (as it seems to make slightly better color choices than KG Chart) - and while they aren't EXACT to what displayed on my screen, they're looking pretty good so far. I may edit the pattern, because I think a couple of them should have been slightly different, but I'll know better once I'm actually finished. My suggestion would be print out (or write down) all the colors you need, and go in the store and gather them up and just look at them, and see how well you think they'll work together.
~*RockstarGirl*~
Image Image

Return to “Patterns - Techniques and Guides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest