Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Final Fantasy III Monopoly

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Krysta
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Final Fantasy III Monopoly

Post by Krysta »

SO it turns out it is for PC stitch, like I suspected. But thankfully somebody already PDFed it. (I overlooked it earlier) So thanks very much for that!

Now, I'll try to find some fabric which is 14 count. I only have 18 count at the moment. Not that hard, hobby-stores around here only carry the 14 count type.

Just one last question. How do you fray the edges like that and still make it look pretty and not able to fray any more than that? Do you sew the edges or something?
And how long did it take you to finish?

jadely
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by jadely »

I haven't had much time to work on the other board pattern, many apologies if you're waiting on that. Let me know if you want the pattern so you can finish it up yourselves to stitch as it might be a while before I get back to it :)

As for the frayed edges- I back-stitched along the bottom edge (and did this through the aida and felt backing), and then cut either 2 or 3 blocks from that edge on the aida. I just pulled off the excess after that. I've finished quite a few pieces in this method, and none of them have had an issue with unravelling. I hope that is a good explanation. If not, I can dig out the book I saw it in and try that explanation :)
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

Current Projects
Star Wars Alphabet book

tiffstitch
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tiffstitch »

Did you decide what to add in the blanks? Did I miss that somewhere?

jadely
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by jadely »

tiffstitch wrote:Did you decide what to add in the blanks? Did I miss that somewhere?
I haven't made a definite decision yet, but I love the Metroid and Kirby suggestions. I need some Pokemon too, I think, but it's all still up in the air.
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

Current Projects
Star Wars Alphabet book

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

jadely wrote:
tiffstitch wrote:Did you decide what to add in the blanks? Did I miss that somewhere?
I haven't made a definite decision yet, but I love the Metroid and Kirby suggestions. I need some Pokemon too, I think, but it's all still up in the air.
If you wanted to stick to Nintendo characters, you could take out the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger characters and put in the rest. I'm going to put a vote in for Pikmin too while I'm at it. Other Nintendo franchises you could think of could be Starfox, F-Zero, Punch-Out!, Kirby and Kid Icarus.
Image Image Image Image

tiffstitch
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by tiffstitch »

jadely wrote:
I was wondering about Pokemon, but really, you could easily do an entire Pokemon board too. Not that I'm saying you have to or should, just that there are so many possibilities with Pokemon.
Servotron wrote: If you wanted to stick to Nintendo characters, you could take out the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger characters and put in the rest. I'm going to put a vote in for Pikmin too while I'm at it. Other Nintendo franchises you could think of could be Starfox, F-Zero, Punch-Out!, Kirby and Kid Icarus.
Or have some of your "tokens" be F-Zero cars or Starfox ships.. I do love the Pikmin idea too!

bumpstr
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by bumpstr »

This is awesome!

Kevin18875
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Kevin18875 »

in my opinion for this, pokemon shouldn't be a monopoly game. should be something like a board game where you have to collect the badges, and start with the kanto region. Although, it could be fun buying places like pallet town, or Lavender Town.

kittybuu
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by kittybuu »

hi i absolulutly love this i tried to download the pattern but it didnt work could you help me please?

CraftacularCrafter
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by CraftacularCrafter »

I am so in love with this I can't even begin to express it. :D

Final Fantasy 3/6 is my favorite game of ALL TIME. This is such a clever way to showcase all of the characters and everything else that makes this game amazing.

Thanks so much for uploading the pattern! I'll definitely be adding this to my to-do list.