Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Final Fantasy Map Pillow

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
mfay
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Final Fantasy Map Pillow

Post by mfay »

Ah, that brings back memories. Well done! :good: I'll also have to consider that texture variation technique for future projects ...

klammyq
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by klammyq »

Very awesome!

I LOVE what you did with the fabric. ::Potential silly question warning:: Does the crayon rub/wash off easily? And to clarify...the fabric was light blue, or did you tint it with light blue? Either way, it's a cool technique! Using fabric dye seems messy and very risky for someone like me ;)
Current WIPs:
ST:TNG quilt

Stitchmond
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Stitchmond »

klammyq wrote: the fabric was light blue, or did you tint it with light blue?
The fabric is indeed light blue, but I rubbed a dark blue crayon over it a bit. There was a decent tutorial on how to do crayon tinting over at craftster.org but now I can't find it. I found out the hard way that it doesn't work well with evenweave fabric and is more suited for a higher count fabric. At any rate, you tint the areas of the fabric with a crayon, put a sheet of paper over and under the fabric and iron it to melt out some of the crayon. Repeat the ironing process with new sheets of paper until you get no crayon on the paper, then you're good to stitch onto it.
stitchmond.etsy.com

Lord Libidan
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Lord Libidan »

What a genius idea. I want it. Now! Gimme!