Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Lainey89's Stitchings

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
sublimelmf
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Lainey89's Stitchings

Post by sublimelmf »

Those are all amazing!!

And that bag of embroidery floss is making me drool lol

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

Lainey89 wrote:Thanks for the replys guys! Couldn't keep this to myself so look what arrived in the post for me today

DSCF4459 by SionnachDubh, on Flickr
It looks like your going to need more floss holders and binder inserts with that big bag of floss :D

La Ptite Bete
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by La Ptite Bete »

:yahoo: Woohoo, you're going to be quite busy for a long time with all these threads !!!
My blog
Current cross stitch projects :
None.

m4pl3g1rl
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by m4pl3g1rl »

Zero Punctuation for the win!

(But think about this for a minute. A Brit who lives in Australia posts a vid that a person in Ireland watches who then makes a craft and posts that on a website that is enjoyed by people from at least 4 different countries spanning 3 or so different continents. I am SO happy to live in the Age of the Internet.)
ImageImageImageImage

Lainey89
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Lainey89 »

m4pl3g1rl wrote:Zero Punctuation for the win!

(But think about this for a minute. A Brit who lives in Australia posts a vid that a person in Ireland watches who then makes a craft and posts that on a website that is enjoyed by people from at least 4 different countries spanning 3 or so different continents. I am SO happy to live in the Age of the Internet.)
Too add to that the tshirt now lives in France!
blackberrybear wrote:
Lainey89 wrote:Thanks for the replys guys! Couldn't keep this to myself so look what arrived in the post for me today

It looks like your going to need more floss holders and binder inserts with that big bag of floss :D
I figured I'd get a few first and see if I liked them. And now I've realised I'd need 46 packets of bows and 15 packets of inserts to hold everything!

evilcarrot
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by evilcarrot »

Wow, that bag of floss.... /drool

Where did you find such a thing?

Lainey89
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Lainey89 »

evilcarrot wrote:Wow, that bag of floss.... /drool

Where did you find such a thing?
I got it from a site called Crafters Market. They are located in the States. Their prices are so much cheaper then here in Ireland even when you factor in the postage costs. If I was to buy all that floss here it would have cost me €500 which is $663. So long story short my internet purchase cost me €160 including P&P

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

Lainey89 wrote:If I was to buy all that floss here it would have cost me €500 which is $663.
OH MY GAWRD. How much is it by the skein over there?
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

Lainey89
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Lainey89 »

OH MY GAWRD. How much is it by the skein over there?
Anchor floss is €1.10 per skein and is available in a number of fabric shops.
DMC which I prefer to use is only available in one shop and is €1.15 per skein, variagated is €1.35 and Metallic is €1.99. I have never seen any 3 for 2 offers or anything like that either here.
I guess the prices ar so high because the whole country has a population of around 5 million so the number of people using floss wwould be very small compared to the States or Canada.

evilcarrot
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by evilcarrot »

Wowsers you pay outrageous prices for DMC! The cotton DMC is $0.35 per skein at Michaels (US craft store) and I've found smaller bags for as low as around $0.20 per skein here and there. Looks like that bag of 454 works out to $0.39 per skein, which considering what you'd pay for it locally, is a STEAL with the free shipping! Nice find there. I'm still drooling......