Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Final Fantasy Project: Pondering the "Next One"

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Final Fantasy Project

Post by blackmageheart »

Lovely! I may have said this before, but this is something I did want to do for myself (probably without the titles though) - unfortunately I don't have the time as of yet so I am happy to watch them unfold here! :D
rosey175 wrote:Now which one should I chart out? Ahhh, decisions...
FFV FFV FFV FFV FFV
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

It's gorgeous! The gradient came out wonderfully, and the backstitching sealed it. :nod
Mostly hibernating here. Find me on Twitter @rmdcade.

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by rosey175 »

Thanks, guys! :blush:
blackmageheart wrote:FFV FFV FFV FFV FFV
XD You may be biased, BMH! I was considering that one though; I love the tail around the A, haha.

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by rosey175 »

FFVII got framed... professionally! I got this one done before FFVIII because 1) it was a little smaller and 2) I was testing the expensive professional framing waters (and drowning). I think she did a good job although the cutouts aren't quite like I envisioned them. I'm still happy with it though! And going through mountains of mats is so much fun.
Spoiler
Pay no mind to the white cardboard corners. It's still in transportation mode so I needed to leave them on, haha. :D

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Looks fabulous! I do like the cutouts, very interesting. I'm wondering how you imagined them and how that differs from the real thing though!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

When I saw the cutouts, I reflexively said "Oh, wow" out loud - I don't think you have to worry about the impact. :nod

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by rosey175 »

blackmageheart wrote:I'm wondering how you imagined them and how that differs from the real thing though!
I think if I had done it, I would've destroyed about 20 mats playing around with different cuts, haha. The points possibly wouldn't have had so much space between them...? It's really very difficult to describe it which is why I still love it for what she's done! :D

I think the most amazing thing is that she got the creases out! She had to put it in a 250lb steam press (I have the "engraved" foam to prove it!) but they were removed, YAY! :yahoo: No amount of my ironing know-how was able to get them out!

Thanks a lot, guys~ :D I'm so excited about this and now I need a game room built, ahaha~

drdenman
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by drdenman »

These are brilliant! I only just spotted them on deviant

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by rosey175 »

drdenman wrote:These are brilliant! I only just spotted them on deviant
Really, reeeally late reply -- Thanks a lot; I hope to eventually get more done if life and games stop getting in the way! :choco

/rises from the depths of life. After not putting a single stitch in anything for over a year now, I finally started tweaking up the next pattern in KG-Chart, weeee! I feel like I've forgotten how to use the dang program so it's slow going. @___@

RMDC
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by RMDC »

I was just wondering last night where you'd gone! Planning on making a comeback? :)