Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Final Fantasy Project: Pondering the "Next One"

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Final Fantasy Project

Post by rosey175 »

RMDC wrote:I was just wondering last night where you'd gone! Planning on making a comeback? :)
Yesh, although it's more like a slow oozing back into things~ This winter has turned me into a slug! :snooze

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Final Fantasy Project: FF ?

Post by rosey175 »

:o
Spoiler
:O
Spoiler
Three hours in; which one is it!

So far, it's (mostly) half-stitches so I can get a feel for the colors and where to gradient. Also, trying to get the floss colors to show up correctly in a cell phone picture is an impossible task for me. But YAY STARTED NEXT ONE! :eek:

FluffyBunnySlippers
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Final Fantasy Project

Post by FluffyBunnySlippers »

I'm going to guess FF III!
World's No. 1 Emotional Disaster

https://www.facebook.com/infinitestitchings/

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Final Fantasy Project: Currently on FFIII

Post by rosey175 »

Indeed, it is FF III! I used the DS remake logo because I am 1) currently playing it lol and 2) trying to keep the projects similar -- so the older logos will be the remake versions~
Spoiler
17 hours in! Apologies again for the potato photo. The colors are very dark in the picture. Aaand I had to pick out the bottom section early on as I discovered I mysteriously accounted for four stitches that weren't stitched. Since they would've messed up the lettering, I couldn't politely ignore the mistake. Buuuu. :)

rosey175
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Final Fantasy Project: Pondering the "Next One"

Post by rosey175 »

Hi, Sprite Stitch, it's been such a long while! :wave: I thought if some of you remembered this project, you'd be interested in an update...
Spoiler
Stitching III took a lot longer than it should have but it was finally finished (only four years later :blush: )! I feel like I learned a lot after working on it for so long (#1 mistakes demoralize me for months so FIX THEM aaaaa, #2 this fabric was the worst I've ever used) so hopefully things will go better! If I recall correctly, the fabric for VII was bought at an actual cross-stitch store while I found VIII and III's in thrift stores. VIIIs fabric was not bad at all but III was stitched on Regency hardanger and I will never use it again.

I love how the gradient turned out in III with four colors of floss! Luneth's face also got stabbed and restabbed a bunch ahaha. It lined up with a color change plus faces are scary to stitch!

I got these two framed at the same time because it was so exciting being finished with III and it was (way past) time to get VIII done. Since we've moved, I went to a different framer for these and it was not exactly a wonderful experience. I'll be taking future ones (and these to try to fix) to the one who did VII. It's a long drive (200 miles) which is why I didn't just save these to have her do them. Maybe III was just cursed hah.

On to the next one! :moog

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

They look fantastic!!! Hopefully there will be less challenges with the future ones!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

rosey, they look amazing :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Thank you for updating. I joined after you last posted, but it's still really cool to see the finished logos.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

sirinth
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by sirinth »

Ahh, III looks wonderful!
Gamer, Cross-Stitcher, and Twitch.tv partner.
Watch me Cross Stitch and chat with me LIVE on Twitch!
Image ImageImage Image Image