Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario World Map WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Daizeh
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Super Mario World Map WIP

Post by Daizeh »

Update
Spoiler

meldale8
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by meldale8 »

crazy person for attempting this haha. but it will be awesome when finished :) off to a great start

double j
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by double j »

So many thing to stitch and so very little time to work on them. Looks great so far.

jimhershner
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by jimhershner »

double j wrote:So many thing to stitch and so very little time to work on them.
I agree whole-heartedly. It seems that I have grandiose plans for my next stitchings (zelda light world and dark world maps are next) but I am nowhere near done with my current one.

Daizeh-
This was the first Nintendo game I ever played and am still finding out new things about the game (like why some levels have a red circle and others a yellow). I look forward to future posts highlighting your progress. Looks fantastic so far!

corbin
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by corbin »

I want to do this so bad but considering I have been working on my two title screens for like a year and a half I can only cringe at how long this would take me. I can't wait to see this done, you seem to be on a good pace, keep it up! :yoshi
A Stitch is Worth... How much is a stitch worth?

cj_baker
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by cj_baker »

Hi it's good to see someone showing some love for SMW!! Awesome stuff, I look forward to seeing your progress.

I've never posted before but I'm also stiching the same map and thought i'd share my progress.

I've been (very) slowly working on bits on and off for about the past year and this is what it currently looks like.

Spoiler
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG (91.76 KiB) Viewed 6862 times

Daizeh
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Daizeh »

Nice to see that someone else is doing this as well. Let's see who's the first one to finish it. :clapping:

jimhershner wrote: This was the first Nintendo game I ever played and am still finding out new things about the game (like why some levels have a red circle and others a yellow).
It's also the first Nintendo game I ever played, I think. I never thought about the colors of the circles but now I want to know. Can you tell me the reason?

amneufeld
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by amneufeld »

If memory serves...The colour depends on the number of exits the level has. :1up

jimhershner
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by jimhershner »

It's also the first Nintendo game I ever played, I think. I never thought about the colors of the circles but now I want to know. Can you tell me the reason?
My wife found this out a few months ago when I resurrected my SNES. When the level circle is red, it can lead to a secret pathway (Star Road). If it's yellow, then it leads to a regular pathway. Below is a link to the cheat/code/hints page where she found the info. It's one of those things that when you're 7 you don't really notice until someone points it out and you think, "Oh yeah."

http://www.gamewinners.com/snes/SMarioWorld.htm

Daizeh
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Daizeh »

jimhershner wrote:It's one of those things that when you're 7 you don't really notice until someone points it out and you think, "Oh yeah."
Lol, "oh yeah" is exactly what I'm thinking right now. xD Thanks guys.