Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario World Map WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
lpgeorge123
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Re: Super Mario World Map WIP

Post by lpgeorge123 »

I love the blocks of bright colors on that map (however I HATE stitching large blocks like that). It looks so awesome! And it makes me want to pull that game out to play now.

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Great job! Keep it up!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

With Christmas, I lost my mojo, but I'm hoping to have it back soon.

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Got some stitching time in this weekend! :clapping: :clapping:
Spoiler
And a full shot:
Spoiler
Thanks so much for looking! :tri

jocy666
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by jocy666 »

wonderful <3

Xanatos
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Xanatos »

That looks sooooo good.
Current WIP: Super Mario World - Main Map (2/20 pages)

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Thanks you guys! You don't know how exciting it was for me to fill in the green switch palace, and the underground board marker! I *finally* feel like it's shaping up more like a map, and less like a generic landscape.

I'm loving it! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Xanatos
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Xanatos »

I know! I was so happy when I had my pipe and level stitched for the same reasons. My next section has the water fortress which I'm uber excited about. Mainly cause it isn't ocean, cliff or grass hahaha!
Current WIP: Super Mario World - Main Map (2/20 pages)

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Xanatos wrote:I know! I was so happy when I had my pipe and level stitched for the same reasons. My next section has the water fortress which I'm uber excited about. Mainly cause it isn't ocean, cliff or grass hahaha!
Finally, someone who understaaaaaaaands! :grin: :yahoo: It doesn't really matter though because I love this map so much!

Post a pic, as soon as the water fortress is done, so I can cheer right along with you! This is the third page down for me, and other than the yellow switch palace (which I have a while before I get there), it's all grass and ocean. :tease: :help:

Truut
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Truut »

First and foremost, it is great to see more people picking up this massive project!

Yeah, it's been a while since i've been on this site. Since last posting ALOT has happened that has kept me from not only visiting this place but has kept me from most of my projects. Busy at work, family medical problems, busy at work, personal gaffes. But some bright sides. I just got approved this morning for an apartment in charlotte. Finally at the tender young age of 25 (ugh) i'm moving out. It only took 7 years to find suitable roommates and a job that can support it. My mom has been doing relatively better too, which makes me more comfortable with moving out. I've basically been a live in maid and cook and nurse this whole time for my mom, but I believe she's at the point now where my dad can take care of her well enough without too much extra help. I'll still have to drop by every week or so but at least I will have a home to call 1/4 of my own. Car still on the fritz though, but hey, something has to be predictable eh?

The past few months though I have been able to pick up the mario maps again. I decided to restart yoshi's island since it was my first foray back into cross stitch and looking back on it now i know i can do much better. Annoying though because I was almost done with the darn thing.

The big map? Well its probably going to take another year or so. The last photo I posted I believe was when I had just started it back in september of 2013. The following photo I took about 30 minutes ago. I will post others later, but this one turned out the best considering I had to climb onto the kitchen table to snap a photo of the darn thing. the 5 dollar bill i decided to throw on there for reference.
Spoiler
main map 1 13 15.jpg
main map 1 13 15.jpg (537.74 KiB) Viewed 4172 times
All in all I'm sorry i kinda dropped off the radar into a black hole. Im sorry to my pen pals too for not replying. I hope you all have been well the past year and I cannot wait to see more progress pictures from you guys.
WIPs:
Super Mario World Map: 25ish %?
Super Mario Mini Maps: Yoshi= restart. . .oy

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Wow! You have sooooo much done already! Good for you! Your stitching looks great. :)

This is such a fun project. :wave: