Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario World Map WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Super Mario World Map WIP

Post by Firehawke »

Love seeing everyone's updates! Keep up the good work!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

I have a full stitching day ahead of me!! :clap: :clap:

ambie719
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by ambie719 »

Holy crap, those are awesome guys!

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Weekend update! :clap:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Thanks for looking!

Delver01
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Delver01 »

This has got to be the project I'm most excited to see finished. :) we're all rooting for you. :clapping:

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Stitching this is my very favorite part of the weekend. I can't wait to tackle the mini maps, after this! :nod

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

You're really brave to tackle the mega map first! I'm doing the mini maps first because in all likelihood I wouldn't make it through the big one. Maybe I should just get the big one started and use it as a side project for the next several years...I do already have the fabric...Husband would kill me.... haha... this is probably happening today.

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

funkymonkey wrote:You're really brave to tackle the mega map first! I'm doing the mini maps first because in all likelihood I wouldn't make it through the big one. Maybe I should just get the big one started and use it as a side project for the next several years...I do already have the fabric...Husband would kill me.... haha... this is probably happening today.

I am the worst enabler ever. DOOOOOO IIIIIIITTTTTT! :clapping:

I'll even send you a few extra men, in case buying the thread for the mega map kills you. If you don't get a game-over by then; you'll need it to stitch all of that ocean! hahahaha! :help:

:1up :1up :1up :1up :1up :1up

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

I am at least semi-cheating by dying the fabric blue instead of stitching the ocean. Just finished dying it, so by this evening it should be dry and I can get started. Excited!

Certainly the largest piece of fabric I've ever worked with:
Spoiler
smw01.jpg
smw01.jpg (39.82 KiB) Viewed 3807 times
Even though I love my millenium frame and Q-snap, I think I'll stick with an old-fashioned hoop for this one. The fabric is SO huge, and since I plan to be working on this one more off than on, I want to be able to take the hoop on/off every time I stitch without it being a major process. Hopefully that will avoid any hand damage/hoop rings as well.

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Share your fabric dye secrets! I was afraid that the color would come out funny, so I didn't even try!

I've never actually used a Millennium frame, but I've heard great things about them. I don't know that I had heard of them, when I was upgrading my frame. I think that they'd *just* come out around the time that I was looking. Do you have a pic that you can share? I use a Mark 2 Floor Stand by Hearthside Craftworks, and I don't know how I ever lived without it!

What fabric count are you using, and how big is it? I can't function using hoops for small ornaments, much less something so large! Lol! For my smallest projects, that need to be somewhat portable, I use qsnaps and my K's Creations Adjustable Lap Frames.