Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario World Map WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Super Mario World Map WIP

Post by yafashelli »

I can't remember the season, but Tom Paris was just sentenced after being accused of killing that woman's husband. These were random tv episodes, so they're not necessarily in order. I've seen them so many times, I just like the mental noise while I'm rolling. I was hoping for Next Gen today, but nah. I was too lazy to find the remote and switch to Netflix, so I watched what was on. Lazy bum.

I'm going out of town for two weeks early Tuesday morning, and I have some other projects to get done, but all I want to do is finish that last column. 40 rows of ocean to go.

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

I think that episode was season 4ish? It was before he was dating Bellana...

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

I'm pretty sure it was before they were together, too. I was watching one (I wish they'd play them in order) yesterday and just noticed that Harry Kim was on DS9 with Quark. It seemed like it was a very early episode because he wasn't on the ship. Lol! This is what happens when you stitch more than you watch. Oh, the perils!

Feeling pretty accomplished today! Dr. Who kept me company, and it was David Tenant, so I was super happy. Not only did I get a little stitching done, but I also finished piecing the cover for my sewing machine. I still have to make quilt sandwiches, and free motion quilt, but I finished the fiddly piecing. Hallelujah!

35ish more rows of ocean to go. Only thing that's stopping me is a meeting for one of my students @ 2:30.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You've been busy! Congrats on finishing the piecing for your sewing machine cover and good luck with the quilting! And good luck on the blue stitches!

I can't remember what episode that Tom one is...but the Harry one was the very first episode! Which Doctor Who episodes did you watch? David Tenant had some great ones!

If I'm not around before you leave on your trip, stay safe and have fun!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

There were a bunch with Martha. Always love the one with Shakespeare and the witches! :P

David is my future husband. ;)

I plan to stitch the rest of the ocean for this page before I leave. Don't you worry, I'll be around.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That is a fun one! Love the Harry Potter references :P

Happy stitching!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

I did not quite make it to my goal of finishing that page before I left for vacation. I'm about 15 rows short, but still close enough! :good: :good:

:Luigi :Mario :mush

In other news:

Seven of Nine has been kidnapped by the Borg, but has just opened up a nice can of :twisted: :club: and gone home.

David Tennant fell in love with Nurse Redfern. As usual, there was ugly crying. You should see me when The Doctor and Rose are separated. That scene guts me every time. :cray:
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You got pretty close!!! :yahoo:

I think we're just about to the same part of Voyager (still haven't gotten past Think Tank...I'm binging on Clone Wars because I'm in a Star Wars mood...I blame the fact that I got a new (to me) Star Wars game!)

Those two scenes always make me cry, too! One of these days, I'm SO going to have to read the short story that the Human Nature/Family of Blood episodes are based on...from what I remember of the blurb that I read a few years ago, if DW wasn't cancelled in the late 80s, that story would have featured Seventh and Ace, two of my favs!

Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Funny timing for me to pop back on here, we're in the middle of a Voyager marathon as well.

Thought I'd post some WIP's of where I left off on these. Currently I'm working on a stitch for my new nephew. People need to stop having babies and getting married so I can have time to work on my own projects. :lol:

Actually got pretty far on this one before the beb started moving around and I packed it away:
Spoiler
smw-star07.jpg
Lots of outlines. I would love to jump back on this one as soon as my nephew's gift is done! Just thinking about stitching those black lines relaxes me :)
Spoiler
smw06.jpg

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

On the blue fabric, just the black outline looks kinda cool.