Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario World Map WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Super Mario World Map WIP

Post by yafashelli »

That looks like a great start!

I really happen to love the map project and keep trying to pick it up, but life keeps getting in the way.

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

aimee wrote:I started on that maybe a week before my son was born... I had no idea how hard it was to stitch with a newborn around so I just finished it, I think 2 days after he turned 6 months old lol.
Haha! I just brought home my own bundle of joy a week ago and so feel your pain! I can't wait until I can start stitching again. Congrats on finally finishing this. It looks great, and I sure can't see any flaws from the photo.
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Lol! My son is ten and has also become a gamer (no surprise there). As big as he is, I still can't find the time to do all the things that I need to. :O :P

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

@aimee What a great start!

@Clarington Congrats!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

I picked this lil' ol' thing up again, and didn't realize how much I'd done. I've nearly finished the first column of pages! :wiz :wiz

Today, I'm facing 60 rows of blue ocean :shock: . Going to have a Star Trek marathon to keep my mind busy, while I roll. :sonic :sonic :sonic
Spoiler
This is what it looks like today.

This was the last time I had it all the way unrolled.
Thanks for looking!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking great! Have fun with your Star Trek marathon!

(odd little fact...I binged on Voyager last night as I stitched I don't know how many rows of blue sky...and will probably do that tonight, too!)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Firehawke wrote:It's looking great! Have fun with your Star Trek marathon!

(odd little fact...I binged on Voyager last night as I stitched I don't know how many rows of blue sky...and will probably do that tonight, too!)
We'll stitch together, then. ;) I'll binge watch any Star Trek, apart from the original and that weird one that they recently made, a couple years ago. What was it? Enterprise?

What I need to do is go dig out Firefly and revisit that again.

what's your wip?

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I'm not a fan of Enterprise, myself.

Haven't seen any Firefly...hope you get to revisit it soon! Don't you just love binge watching while stitching??? (but, I have to admit...I didn't watch any Star Trek last night...I broke out Neverending Story for while I was stitching :P)

Here's my latest wip post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15913&p=99742#p99742

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Your WIP is going to be cute! :)

I got a little more done today. We stitched to Voyager because all the eyecandy on Firefly would have me watching and not stitching. :tease:

I have 50ish rows of ocean separating me from finishing this first column of pages. What's funny is that when I start at the top of the next column, it's more ocean! I'm gonna need an extra man or two to make it! :1up :1up :1up
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!

I have some shows/movies like that, too :P What part of Voyager are you on? We're on Season 5 (just watched Think Tank last night)

It's looking great! :clapping: Good luck with the rest of the ocean!