Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario World Map WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Super Mario World Map WIP

Post by Firehawke »

Those projects are looking great! Have fun working on that project for your nephew! And how fun that you are also in the middle of a Voyager marathon! What part are you to? My family just watched the Equinox 2 parter last night (instead of baseball...it got rained out)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

3inches
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by 3inches »

Those WIPs look fantastic! I have started the title screen and when I can remember to upload from my phone I will post pics.

Getting into a Stargate SG1 marathon to keep me going haha :yahoo:

Sheepish
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Sheepish »

All that outlining looks fantastic. I feel like that's what I'll do if and when I actually start this project.

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

3inches wrote:Those WIPs look fantastic! I have started the title screen and when I can remember to upload from my phone I will post pics.

Getting into a Stargate SG1 marathon to keep me going haha :yahoo:
I have to get myself into Stargate. Is it good?

We just arrived home tonight. I'm sure we'll all sleep like crazy and then maybe I'll stitch a little tomorrow.
Sheepish wrote:All that outlining looks fantastic. I feel like that's what I'll do if and when I actually start this project.
I like the outlining, even if it's a bit monotonous at times. I have to pay very close attention to that, so my counts aren't off, but once that's done, it's pretty much mindless stitching to fill in the spaces. I try to plan my binge watching accordingly by stitching things I have memorized already when I need to concentrate. :p

aimee
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by aimee »

yafashelli wrote: I like the outlining, even if it's a bit monotonous at times. I have to pay very close attention to that, so my counts aren't off, but once that's done, it's pretty much mindless stitching to fill in the spaces. I try to plan my binge watching accordingly by stitching things I have memorized already when I need to concentrate. :p
lol yes! I've lost count of the number of times that I've done important outlining work while watching something and giving too much attention and then the next day I was suddenly like, "Wait... this doesn't look right." Accidentally stitched an extra corner into Chocolate Island 3 days ago lol.

aimee
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by aimee »

Also I forgot to say, the progress looks beautiful!

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Long time no update. I'm just a few rows shy of finishing the first full column of pages! :clapping: When I do finish this page, I'll unroll and upload a photo of the whole thing. It's pretty big!
Spoiler
Bonus points if you can tell what I'm watching. :thumbsup:

Thanks for looking!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking fantastic!

(I'm thinking it's First Contact...if it's not, I have 2 more guesses :P)
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Firehawke wrote:It's looking fantastic!

(I'm thinking it's First Contact...if it's not, I have 2 more guesses :P)
Thanks! I'm so excited to be just a couple rows away from the first column being done. I *think* that means I'm six pages in, but I didn't count. Starting that second column means that I'll have to be super careful about counting again, so I don't throw off everything that comes after.

You would be correct! I was so excited for the big run of stitchable films. Next Gen had a marathon of episodes, then First Contact, and then Insurrection. All of this happened on the day I picked up a new stitching chair, so it was like it was my birthday! :thumbsup:

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I totally get that! I was SO paranoid when I started the next column on a project, I felt like I was constantly double counting everything :P Good luck!

What a fun stitching marathon! AND a new stitching chair?!?! Sweet!!! Enjoy your new chair!