Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Super Mario World Map WIP

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Super Mario World Map WIP

Post by funkymonkey »

crazystrange wrote:I would love to buy some but I live in the UK, would you be willing to ship here?
Sure! I'll have to look into the shipping charges since I don't know offhand what they will be; but click the "Request a custom order" link and I'll let you know.

Livingdeadgirl
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Livingdeadgirl »

i love the fabric you dyed its stunning ! makes me believe one day i may just do a super mario map
---livingdeadgirl---

Hecksgirl
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Hecksgirl »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430454095.947066.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430454095.947066.jpg (454.33 KiB) Viewed 4036 times
I've been working on the Yoshi map. I'm recovering from tendinitis (or I'm supposed to be) so I have to stitch ridiculously slllllloooooooowwwww. This is 6 days of work. 28ct evenweave over 2, stitched with 2 threads. I'm absolutely in love with this set of patterns and wish I could blaze through them at the pace I want!

Hecksgirl
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by Hecksgirl »

Oh yeah! The whole reason I came to this thread was that I am concerned about the green here. I want to say the main green is 911 and the bit of shading on the right is 3815. Are they too similar or does it work out the more I get done? I've been worrying over this because I don't want to have to frog a bunch of stitches. :/

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Teacher is finally out of school, so be on the lookout for update pics! I've done a nice amount of work since the last one and am quite happy with how it's turning out. :yahoo: Lately, it's been lots of fill-in, so I can watch Star Trek and roll. :good:

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

It looks like a ton until you see the full shot of the canvas, and realize how far I still have left to go. :shock: Lol! I'm nearly finished the brown fill-in, which is a good thing because that's all I've done the last three days. :swoon:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Looking great! Have fun watching Star Trek and working on it!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Woo, progress! I unfortunately haven't been working on mine. I have an artist booth at a show in about a month (gah.. less than a month now!) so i've been spending all of my free time on things to sell. Inspiring to see your progress, though :)

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

funkymonkey wrote:Woo, progress! I unfortunately haven't been working on mine. I have an artist booth at a show in about a month (gah.. less than a month now!) so i've been spending all of my free time on things to sell. Inspiring to see your progress, though :)
Ooh, good luck with that! :nod

I'll be flying home to see my folks on the 22, so I won't even be able to work on it while I'm there. At 3 feet wide, it's just too big to transport safely. :cry: Maybe I'll actually do my ornaments then, instead of waiting till December, and freaking out? :twisted:

Last night, I finished all the way down to where the water is, on the inside. Tonight, I hope to finish the area around the stepladder. I'll have lots of grass in my future. :P

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

I've finished my third page!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I leave for my folks on Wednesday but still have until then to start on the next page. I'm super happy! :1up :1up :1up

Also, I'm cheating a little by doing the first castle. I just couldn't wait! :tease: :secret