Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Metroid Zerio Misson End Screen

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Blixthand
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Metroid Zerio Misson End Screen

Post by Blixthand »

I've just started a new project stitching my favorite end screen from the amazing GBA game Metroid Zero Mission. Pattern credit goes to ovi.sergiu who helped me out with the request I posted over in that part of the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16932

I just wanted to create a separate topic now that I have officially started. This one is not gonna be any race, I have loads of other things going on in my life, but I will work on it when I need a moment to relax and I will post updates on the progress here whenever I feel there is enough to show.
Original Image
Original Image
ovi.sergiu's color representation of the pattern
ovi.sergiu's color representation of the pattern
v1 250w x 433 h stitches 318x550mm 12-5x21-65inches 20ct 80DMC.pdf
Pattern
(396.38 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
First day of progress
First day of progress

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Metroid Zerio Misson End Screen

Post by ovi.sergiu »

Happy stitching!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByOvi
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.

skater43
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by skater43 »

Man, that looks really nice. Good luck! :) Biggest ones I've done have been 256x224 and those took about a year each, working about an hour a day. And those had a lot of background stuff I didn't have to stitch. So yeah, you're in for the long haul on this one. But, one stitch at a time, each little section, little by little, you'll keep making progress. Looking forward to seeing future WIP pics.

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

I DO recommend using the Pattern Keeper for Android tablets & phones.
My friend, also a stitcher, she used about 200 colors in her projects, tried the Pattern Keeper app and confirmed me she stitches way
faster using that app. No more paper and crossing the symbols. You have 30 days full trial and the price is cheap (under 10$ I think).
The app is not mine, but I will recommend to everyone because it really helps stitching faster. You can even mark your parked threads (no matter what corner you park your thread).
I will definitely make a tutorial in near future for that. YouTube as a few tho.
If you like my free patterns, I'll be more than grateful if you consider supporting my Etsy shop.

Blixthand
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Blixthand »

Pattern keeper sound like something I would find useful, but, alas, I have no andorid devices, only Apple, so I'll have to wait and see if they release it for Apple AppStore

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

No, they will not release any Apple version soon.
I love and use Apple too, but no plans for the Apple version in near future.

Blixthand
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Blixthand »

Here's how far I got over the weekend. In the beginning it's always easy to notice how far you've gotten in a day or two. Don't think I'll have any time to stitch until next weekend, and depending on how far I get new update might be ever furter in the future.
561F78D9-1C56-453F-AD3F-F5FE54A3D33A_1_105_c.jpeg

Blixthand
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Blixthand »

Another update. Made a lot of headway this weekend, another weekend at this pace and I'll be done with the first full page.
BDEFE1B0-7D2E-43EB-96AD-9D9D6F52F0F7_1_105_c.jpeg

ovi.sergiu
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by ovi.sergiu »

Happy stitching, Blixthand!

Blixthand
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Blixthand »

Another quick update. I haven't had time to stitch for a couple of weeks, but I got about 8 hrs in today. I am now 100% done with the first page, and have started (just barely) on the next. I'm really happy with how the first page turned out.
Spoiler
IMG_5684.jpeg