Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Aimee Stitches Video Game Things (Current Project: Super Mario World overworld)

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
aimee
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Aimee Stitches Video Game Things (Current Project: Super Mario World overworld)

Post by aimee »

I didn't want to hijack the Super Mario World WIP post, but I'm going pretty hardcore on that project and decided maybe to start my own thread--by super hardcore, I mean I'll maybe finish this project in < 2 years :D

Progress so far:

(sorry if this is repeated from the other thread) I hand-dyed the aida, 18ct., with Tulip light blue dye. I started at the bottom center around Chocolate Island (the icebergs are the ones directly to the left of that and the land showing right now is the bottom left tip of that island, woo).
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Aimee Stitches Video Game Things (Current Project: Super Mario World overworld)

Post by Firehawke »

What a great start...and love the aida!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

aimee
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Aimee Stitches Video Game Things (Current Project: Super Mario World overworld)

Post by aimee »

Current progress. Just 99.5% more to go :yahoo:

sirinth
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by sirinth »

This is a super huge project to be tackling!
Good luck! Keep us updated <3
Gamer, Cross-Stitcher, and Twitch.tv partner.
Watch me Cross Stitch and chat with me LIVE on Twitch!
Image ImageImage Image Image

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking great!!!

I love being able to figure out what percentage I have done :P
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Batboard
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Batboard »

That's one I've thought about. It's a very nice pattern, good luck. It looks awesome so far.

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

This is the pattern I most want to stitch but know I would never actually finish, so I absolutely love seeing other people tackle it. Your aida turned out amazingly! I can't wait for more updates.
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

aimee
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by aimee »

Lighting is making it look a little drab but current progress:

I've been binge watching true crime shows while filling out Chocolate Island so far. I think my favorite part about stitching projects is just how much a piece carries the memories of things you watch while working on them :)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Love having that kind of memory!

Love the progress!

aimee
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by aimee »

Current progress :) Right near the pipe on Chocolate Island and the "6" sign. I took a few days off working on this to go on vacation--totally not viable to carry a 3' x 3' piece of cloth around with you lol.