Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Ilias Stitches Stuff

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Ilias
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Ilias Stitches Stuff

Post by Ilias »

Double posting for my weekly update, once again just the MM one. I didn't get too much done this week, since I spent two days laid out with a killer sinus headache.
Spoiler
And this isn't a video game thing, but I'm super proud. My son, out of nowhere in his entire 12 years, suddenly asked me "When can I learn to cross stitch?", having shown no interest in crafty stuff beforehand. So he's started a Dimensions Learn-A-Craft kit with my help, and here's his first effort.
Spoiler
He's autistic, and has issues with fine motor control. He also gets frustrated easily, so I'm quite happy he seems to be enjoying it so much.

katdun
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by katdun »

Ilias wrote:And this isn't a video game thing, but I'm super proud. My son, out of nowhere in his entire 12 years, suddenly asked me "When can I learn to cross stitch?", having shown no interest in crafty stuff beforehand. So he's started a Dimensions Learn-A-Craft kit with my help, and here's his first effort.

He's autistic, and has issues with fine motor control. He also gets frustrated easily, so I'm quite happy he seems to be enjoying it so much.
That is so cool! I have an autistic son also - this story made my morning. :) Very nice work, BTW!
Current Projects:
Pen Pals!
Sprite Stitch Swap!
Learning to crochet!

Ilias
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Ilias »

Just checking in on my lack of updates. Combining the first week of school, and my having been rather sick, I didn't get much of anything done this week. I'll try to have something substantial for this next one.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Hope you get to feeling better and good luck with everything!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Hrontajkpa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Post by Hrontajkpa »

Oh man, your megaman project looks super awesome! Although, just looking at it makes my eyes strain. The stitches are so small! My eyes aren't so terrible, but I don't think my eyes would survive a project that small. :D