Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Bubble Bobble Sampler (complete, pattern on page 2)

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Bubble Bobble Sampler [WIP]

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking great!!! I never would have thought that some black aida wasn't colorfast! Good luck!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Bubble Bobble Sampler [Complete]

Post by Moirae »

I was planning on buying floss this month and then Jo-Ann's had a 20% off purchase coupon available. Cue me buying 50 skeins. @ 32¢ I couldn't help myself (incidentally walmart is 33¢ everyday but the selection is way sparser and it's further away). Did feel a little bit guilty about stocking up for new projects when I had this one still. So hunkered down and finished it in hoop and hand, because I didn't want to bother with trying to get it back on the scroll frame.

The light pink was a little noticeably darkened by the bleeding before, but I didn't feel the need to rip it out. Also there's a small spot that's either a glob of thread heaven or toothpaste (oops it was sitting on the bathroom counter soaking those three days) that I have to try to remove the rest of the way before I iron. So, it's been pinned/blocked some, but still has a little wrinkling/puckering, but I thought I'd share now.
Bubble Bobble Complete (small).jpg
Oh yeah and there was a slight counting error that cause a few of the items in the lower left to be shifted down a stitch. I only noticed it because the cross and book didn't quite line up the way I'd planned. It's lined up properly in the pattern below though.

I'm including the pattern in case anyone wants it. For the whole piece or just the individual sprites.
Design area is 166x209 stitches. That's 12x15" on 14 count aida.
Edit: 11/2018 - Tag me if you are on instagram and decide to stitch this, please. I would love to see yours. @moiraestitches
Bubble Bobble Sampler Cross Stitch Pattern.sth
(50.34 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
BB Sampler PDF (KG-Chart).pdf
(649.9 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Here's a separate floss list.
I think the colors turned out well, but the blues 3843 and 162 probably could have been a shade or two darker.
Bubble Bobble Sampler DMC Floss.png
Bubble Bobble Sampler DMC Floss.png (14.2 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
Last edited by Moirae on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Bubble Bobble Sampler (complete, pattern on page 2)

Post by Firehawke »

It looks great!!! I love all of the colors!

And what a great sale!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Hrontajkpa
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: Bubble Bobble Sampler (complete, pattern on page 2)

Post by Hrontajkpa »

Even knowing that some of the sprites are a stitch lower than they should be, I can't tell by just looking at it (without looking at the pattern). In other words, no big deal, it all looks great!