Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Stardew Valley Stitches!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
sirinth
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Stardew Valley Stitches!

Post by sirinth »

blackmageheart wrote:I'm with you there. There's quite a selection of pop culture stuff, but I would dearly love to see more official game stuff. A SEGA book would be an absolute dream to work on for me! (Or a Final Fantasy one, but SquareEnix are notorious for not allowing outside companies/entities to use their IPs unless VERY closely managed, so something like this would probably be out of the question!)
Oh man a Final Fantasy one would be amazing. But yeah, Squenix... Honestly I just want it to exist. Squenix can handle it however they want and make it internally if needed =P There's artbooks, why not?

That said, indie devs are much easier to approach (Hence Stardew, though being in the beta and getting to work with ConcernedApe for months definitely helped.) I've reached out to a few other indie games with the idea, so we'll see who bites. With any luck, there may be more coming.
Gamer, Cross-Stitcher, and Twitch.tv partner.
Watch me Cross Stitch and chat with me LIVE on Twitch!
Image ImageImage Image Image

Skullviper
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Skullviper »

I just discovered this thread and I have to say, I really love your work! The portraits are especially impressive, and the book looks fantastic, congratulations!! I particularly like the adorably illustrated Getting Started guide :) I wish there were more stitching books like that available...I'd be all over an Undertale or Persona one.

mbiogirlumd
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by mbiogirlumd »

Congrats on the book, sirinth!!

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Skullviper wrote:I just discovered this thread and I have to say, I really love your work! The portraits are especially impressive, and the book looks fantastic, congratulations!! I particularly like the adorably illustrated Getting Started guide :) I wish there were more stitching books like that available...I'd be all over an Undertale or Persona one.
An UNDERTALE/DELTA RUNE book would be amazing fun. My kid is obsessed with it :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

sirinth wrote: .... Also remind me to hire some test stitchers if I ever tackle something like this again. Holy crap.
If you ever need test stitchers let us know I'm sure there are some people on here that would love to!
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

sirinth
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by sirinth »

blackmageheart wrote:
Skullviper wrote:I just discovered this thread and I have to say, I really love your work! The portraits are especially impressive, and the book looks fantastic, congratulations!! I particularly like the adorably illustrated Getting Started guide :) I wish there were more stitching books like that available...I'd be all over an Undertale or Persona one.
An UNDERTALE/DELTA RUNE book would be amazing fun. My kid is obsessed with it :D
Ok, I couldn't tell you guys back then, but I was already in the midst of planning an Undertale book at the time. xD
In case you haven't heard It's out now

...and yes I did hire some helpers this time around, lol.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Fun! You are super talented!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

BadgerSensei
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by BadgerSensei »

I have some questions about the character portraits. Did you make the framing yourself? Did you buy it? Did you stitch it on the frame or mount it after?
Current project:
Epic Pokemon Gen 1 1/30 pages complete

Standby projects:
Ken Ro Kuen
Kinkakuji

sirinth
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by sirinth »

BadgerSensei wrote:I have some questions about the character portraits. Did you make the framing yourself? Did you buy it? Did you stitch it on the frame or mount it after?
Oof, sorry for the super late reply. The canvases are pre-stretched and purchasable from Michaels. Comes with 3 for $9.99.

They would be fairly easy to make yourself with stretcher bars though!