Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches video game things!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!

No update from this last week's craftiness. We're having a heat wave and my apartment has a window unit that's in the west window. So, it's been a bit too warm to let in any natural light or use the lamp next to my chair. So, not much stitching's been done. But, that does mean I've gotten some scarves knitted (don't need much light for those :P). Also, my Super Mario Advance square has been passed on to mom to completely redo, so I'm brainstorming what square I'm going to do next! I have 6 patterns prepped...okay, actually, there's 8, but 2 of them are other djinn from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn :P
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Little bit of an update...picked out what I want to do after I finish my Story of Seasons block. Since I'm currently hooked on Kairosoft games, I decided to do a square from Mega Mall Story! I have the aida and the pattern...and all but 19 of the 101 colors (I'm a glutton for DMC punishment :P )
Attachments
MMS edit 2.png
MMS edit 2.png (9.98 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Good news! I don't have to rely on what little bit of natural light I had access to early in the mornings on the weekends for light any more! We (meaning mom) called in yesterday morning and reported that the AC in our apartment wasn't working properly (we hit 90 inside...and my bedroom was at 75% relative humidity on Monday morning...had to go buy a dehumidifier (June's been and EXPENSIVE month!) which took out a lot of water, but also added to the heat). Last night, I was able to sleep in a comfy below 70 degrees apartment, all thanks to our brand new state of the art window AC unit (feeling SO blessed!). It was even cool enough last night before bed that I got to work on my Story of Seasons block a bit!

Here's the latest update!
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Another update!!!
Spoiler
Still hoping to have it finished by the end of my 3 day weekend...but I might get distracted by gaming :P

Jennuh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Jennuh »

That is looking so cute! Can't wait to see it finished. :)
Image Image Image

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks Jennuh...and you don't have a wait long, because here it is!
Spoiler
And with the long weekend and being sick, I even got started on my Mega Mall Story block(actually, I have more done on that, but I didn't take a pic yesterday :P )!
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Another update from me...and my mom! The Mega Mall Story block is mine (not going to do much stitching this week, though...ordered some missing colors last night from 123 Stitch and I'm going to work on scarves until they come) and the Super Mario Advance block is mom's!
Spoiler

Jennuh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Jennuh »

Awwww awesome!!! Love it! :) Also cute that you and your Mom both cross stitch. My Mom and I are stitchers too.. Perhaps I should also post some of her work.. she is crazy fast. :P
Image Image Image

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Awww, thanks!

How fun that you two both stitch!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I was expecting a small update, but I totally stand corrected...I do have a good sized update! I finished working on a scarf and then decided to break out one of my big nature themed projects (total side note...the smallest cross stitch projects I do are the Sprite Stitch charity blocks, which measure 6"x6"...anything smaller drives me crazy :P), and came across one of the colors I was waiting for! This was Thursday evening and I said to myself, use that thread and when you get the one you just ordered, put that in the other project box" (it's a shade of green and the nature project in question has lots of leaves). And the plan was to start back on my square the next night. A few hours later, I came down with a migraine. It was still with me the next morning and I only made it through an hour of work (very blessed that it was the one Friday this month where I didn't have storytime) and ended up back home in bed. After resting for a few hours, I picked up my stitching (if it's not a light sensitive one, cross stitching helps me get over my migraines). And then I had some extra time to stitch on Sunday and a baseball game on TV last night (I love crafting to sports)...long story short, there's an escalator now!