Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches video game things!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Busy stitching, especially this weekend!

Now the Yoshi's Island block is living up to its name!

There are a couple more WIP pics from the last few days work on this block on my blog!
Attachments
20180211_192537.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Yay yoshi! Great progress. The color pops out nicely on it!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!!

More color popping!
Attachments
20180213_205917.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

I really love the yoshi block. I just want the :yoshi to find a key and bring it over in it's mouth to unlock that door ... And I see you are planning an Egyptian themed block. :swoon: Will be cheering you on for that one. I really should get back to stitching more regularly myself; I haven't been doing much lately, though, I do make sure to pick it up for a day or two at least twice a month. But you know what? *eyes pile of unfinished projects and patterns on the to do list* I think I'll go stitch right now. Seeing all your output has motivated me. :good:
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Awww...thanks!!!

Have fun stitching...I love seeing your work!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Wasn't expecting to get on until tomorrow with an update, but I have 2 updates to post!

First off, I have a new page on my blog...it's a gallery of my finished charity quilt blocks!

https://firehawkegeeks.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

(I'm on my phone...hopefully the link works!)

And...that page has a new addition!!! :yoshi :yoshi :yoshi

That's right! Speedy fingers flew today (and yay for getting most of the errands done last night so I only lost about and hour of stitching today!)....and Yoshi's Island is done!!!
Attachments
20180217_200145.jpg

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

The link works. It looks like your are trying to stitch enough for a whole quilt by yourself. lol.

The yoshi block looks great. Are you starting a new block now?
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks for letting me know that the link worked!!! :clap:

I certainly have been busy :P

Not starting a new one...I have 2 others in progress. Some of you may be going "Wait...didn't you have 3 others???"

Well, I was working on Camping Mama (the one with the CRAZY confetti stitching) today and I realized some things.
-There was still a lot of confetti stitching to do, since most of it could be considered confetti
-The sky wasn't confetti...so things were a bit...curvy on the edges
-Preliminary measurements were showing that at least 1/2 an inch would have 2 be added left to right (yay for wacky aida)...and thus more confetti
-I have 2 other blocks in progress and the weeks are flying by
-I need to cut out stitching stress

Long story short, I axed the block :banghead:

But, once i decided to do that, I pulled out Pyraplex and got some good work done on that!
Attachments
20180218_184655.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Got some good stitching done this week, including a decent amount yesterday and today! I needed distraction away from how I was feeling and stitching often does the trick :)

Here's Pyraplex...
20180225_155849.jpg
And here's Doctor Who Legacy...
20180225_155905.jpg
(stomach bug hit family this weekend. Thankfully, they were predicting less than stellar weather yesterday, so I was already planning on staying in. Missed Church today...I work with the cutest 18month-3year old girls (no boys until this summer when one ages into the group), and I didn't want to give this to them! I've also already let my supervisor know that I will be taking sick time tomorrow...the only stuff on my schedule for tomorrow was a librarian candidate interview...which the only thing I had to do was sit through a presentation and staff break and then fill out a questionairre about what I think about them...which is usually always very positive, especially since I generally don't have anything to base it on aside from those 2 big group setting. So sleep and not sharing germs is in my future for tomorrow!)

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Both looking great! Hope those germs go on their merry way soon!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...