Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches video game things!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Time for the first update pic!

Got a good little start, thanks in part to the heat and working through a migraine (oddly enough, it often helps :P)

(sorry for the blurry pic!)
Attachments
20170716_175438.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

It's going to be really cute! :)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks! I've gotten a lot more of the sky done...been busy working on the stitches in 162...there's 3K of them! Hope to have the 162 colored stitches done this weekend...and probably going to switch back to 11th Doctor for a bit. I wanted to get this project started so I would have a portable project to take with me on mom's first card making workshop of the season...that the 4th Tuesday in August...if I keep at the rate I'm currently going I may be done with the project before then :help: Maybe it's a good thing that I just discovered Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes yesterday...but there's the autoplay button for the battles...so I can stitch while playing :tomato:
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

Autoplay is good. Less fiddling means faster and more consistent stitching. Once I get broken out of my mojo, it's much harder to get back in.

I cheered when I figured out netflix would autoplay episodes on my tv. Now I only have to get mad when it thinks that I fell asleep. :p

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That's the one thing I don't like about my Star Trek DVDs...no autoplay (with the exception of my Animated Series set)! Now, Lego Star Wars, on the other hand...that has autoplay...and I usually end up quoting it as I stitch :P

Good luck with Netflix thinking you are asleep! (no Netflix at my place, so I have no suggestions).

"Let's see...what should my weekend goal be. I know...I should finish the 162 colored stitches on page 1"
(gets to Tuesday)
"Ummmm....I just finished those stitches on pages 1 AND 3...I know! My weekend goal should be trying to finish ALL the stitches in 162!"
(gets to Thursday)
"Ummmmm...I ran out of stitches in 162. New weekend goal...finish all the various blue background sky stitches!"

Expect a very blue picture soon (probably Sunday evening)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

A little over half way done!

(and now going to take a bit of a break...jabbed my fingertip really good with a needle :cry: )

(ummmmm...sideways again! :shock: )
Attachments
20170723_180639.jpg

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

Firehawke wrote: "Let's see...what should my weekend goal be. I know...I should finish the 162 colored stitches on page 1"
(gets to Tuesday)
"Ummmm....I just finished those stitches on pages 1 AND 3...I know! My weekend goal should be trying to finish ALL the stitches in 162!"
(gets to Thursday)
"Ummmmm...I ran out of stitches in 162. New weekend goal...finish all the various blue background sky stitches!"
Haha! Love this. And wow your stitching experience is the exact opposite of mine. It usually takes me at least twice the set time to reach any of my goals. Apparently I really suck at goal setting :banghead:
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Oddly enough, I often have trouble reaching my goals or I just barely make them. I think it's because I'm SO used to working with multiple colors at a time (let's face it...I'm addicted to color :P) and so far, I've used a grand whopping total of 3 colors for this project! :P

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Clarington wrote: Haha! Love this. And wow your stitching experience is the exact opposite of mine. It usually takes me at least twice the set time to reach any of my goals. Apparently I really suck at goal setting :banghead:
Hahaha. The first thing I do when trying to figure out when I think I'll finish a piece is figure out how long it would take me if I was completely dedicated to a project and DOUBLE it. I know I'm going to lose interest/motivation along the way at times or get tired of stitching or engrossed in other projects, games or hobbies. Now that I can't stop myself from picking up new projects before finishing, I think I'll have to triple it. lol
Firehawke wrote:Oddly enough, I often have trouble reaching my goals or I just barely make them. I think it's because I'm SO used to working with multiple colors at a time (let's face it...I'm addicted to color :P) and so far, I've used a grand whopping total of 3 colors for this project! :P
*laugh* isn't it amazing how much faster things stitch up when you aren't dealing with a ton of color changes, blended threads or confetti stitching - and I'm totally guilty of finishing my "travel/portable" projects at home instead :D
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That's a great way to figure out how long it will take to finish a project! And I'm SO the same way!