Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches video game things!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Finished page 2...only page 4 left!
Attachments
20171028_221702.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

This is looking great!

What brand of aida are you using for your quilt squares? I measured the fabric I have and 6 inches is pretty far off from 96 squares. I'll happily order some new fabric online, but I don't want it to end up having the same issue!
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!! Hoping to finish it this weekend :)

Right now, I'm using Charles Craft (I got it from 123Stitch, since neither my Hobby Lobby nor my Walmart carry that brand)...and I'm still dealing with 1 inch not being quite 16 stitches :banghead: Since I tend to stitch a little tight anyways (hey...maybe it's not so much that as it is the Aida!), I've been charting my patterns at 100x100 instead of 96x96...and I've been ending up pretty close to 6 inches square...sometimes over, sometimes under, sometimes spot on. It's SO a guessing game!

When I'm done with the Charles Craft aida that I have (I purchased 3 pieces at once...and the stitch count is slightly different on all of them :sorry: ), I might order more, or I might just go back to the MCG Textiles I can get at Hobby Lobby (part of it is seriously going to depend on the weather...I'm hoping I will need more come January...and I walk or have to wait outside for a cab...no buses in town, which truly makes no sense to me!).

Good luck finding aida that works!!! I'm learning that's it's all wibbley-wobbley!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

:wiz And done!

Did have to add 3 more columns...think they look okay :P
Attachments
20171104_220812.jpg

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Looks excellent, well done!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!

Been busy working on Hometown Story...
20171112_155504.jpg
and Camping Mama: Outdoor Adventure!
20171112_155440.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Update time again!

Got a chunk done on Pochica (that 35 needles parked out of 65 colors!) and another 500 stitches on the butterfly....which I really need to take a picture of in natural light...I tried without the flash and then with the flash...neither pic does it justice!
20171119_173006.jpg
20171119_172937.jpg
20171119_172914.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Quick update!

Had a few days off with the Thanksgiving holiday, so some extra stitching time!

Pochica is starting to get some eyes and let the confetti stitch flowers begin!
Attachments
20171126_180441.jpg
20171126_180501.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Update time!!!

Page 1 of Hometown Story is done...and confetti flowers continue! And some of the flowers are...unique :P Let's just say that some of the symbols are close together and I didn't catch it until it was too late to pick out and the wrong color is WAY darker than the right color, so overstitching looked horrible and got picked out.

And keep your eyes peeled later this week for a list of blogposts showing my WIP pics from a slew of blocks (you've seen them all...it was a series of Throwback Thursday posts that I did and it's been fun looking over them again)...including 1 that is going to get some fresh WIP pics in a couple of weeks!
Attachments
20171203_165305.jpg
20171203_165349.jpg

rwright20
Rank 1 - Big Mario
Rank 1 - Big Mario

Post by rwright20 »

Looking great! I'm intrigued by your parking method. It looks crazy to me but I guess its the ocd.I just couldn't find a good way to do it, how do the backs look?
Current projects:

Epic Pokemon Gen I extended
Portal patterns

Future projects:

Too many...

Super Mario Bros 3 worlds
A few purchased patterns