Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches video game things!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!

Work and still recovering totally wore me out yesterday...and my hands were killing me. Hoping to do some stitching tonight!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Finished page 1 of Pyraplex!
Attachments
20180304_150600.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

looking good! we caught a nasty bug last week, and I did nothing but watch youtube for 3 days strait.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Sometimes that's the best way to recover...hope you guys are feeling better!

Started AND finished page 3...and even worked on page 4!

(I would have gotten further, but I started a new yarn project...will post about that in my yarn topic once I have blogposts to link to :P hopefully no later than Wednesday!)
Attachments
20180311_185913.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

So, there I am...at work...10 minutes until Monday was over...and i get a call from the rental company. There was water leaking into my downstairs neighbor's apartment. Mom was home so I had them call her and then she got things moved (like the cat) before the plumber came to scope things out. He came, took a look, and determined the problem...a pipe for the bathroom sink was in bad shape. This was after 5, so we were told not to use the sink and he would be back in the morning to deal with it.

Stress and strangers aren't the easiest to deal with in my household, so I offered to take today off to help (and by help, I got to be a calming influence...and sit in a closed room with the cat, keep her from scratching at the door, and make sure she doesn't get out and do things...like draw blood (she's our guard kitty)...plus, she's starting to show her age (14) and we didn't want her to get stressed out).

Well, the plumber came and had to perform surgery on our dining room wall...
20180313_122446.jpg
And THEN he got another call to come back...turned out that the pipes UNDER our sink also had issues...like rotting almost to burst...and things were all wet.

So, between 2 chunks of time in a room with non cross stitch compatible lighting, I got to sit in my stitchy chair with sunlight...and finished page 4 of Pyraplex!
20180313_194914.jpg
Hopefully that's all of the excitement for the week!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

I'm sorry to hear about your plumbing problems. I live in a 60 year-old apartment, so we've had our fair share of plumbing issues and know how stressful and annoying it can be (though at least we don't have to worry about septic tank problems, had those and they sucked). I don't have a guard kitty though, just a couple of scaredy-cats. If I don't have my door very securely shut and someone comes to our front door, one of my cats will actually kick the door in and then run and hide in my closet or under my bed.

Your Pharaoh? is coming along nicely. It's too bad you didn't have enough light to stitch while having to watch over your kitty though. She could have 'helped' like mine do :grin:
Spoiler
Assistant Catastrophe.jpg
Last edited by Moirae on Sun May 27, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!! I'm really hoping to have it done by the end of the month...we'll see how that goes :P

That picture is purrfect!!! :nod

We had some friends from our congregation come over and tape up plastic over the hole...and they always do a great job with things like that (the dad does a lot of stuff around their house and on their cars and has insisted that all of the kids learn, too...and they don't do shabby jobs!)

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Pyraplex is looking great! Hope the plumbing gets fixed quickly.

Aww, what a helpful kitty! My kitties like to pick up my threads and walk off with them if I'm not paying attention to them.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!!!

With the progress that I've made this week and the fact that the #100daysofHAED challenge is done, I may be able to finish this by the end of next weekend!
Attachments
20180318_164304.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I got it done!
Attachments
20180324_181538.jpg