Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

AvFan's Quilts and other Crafty Projects

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: AvFan's Quilts and other Crafty Projects

Post by Firehawke »

It looks so great framed!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

funkymonkey
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by funkymonkey »

Wow!!

I've been largely away from this board over the past year while working on some mega crochet projects, so I just read through your whole thread. LOVE all of your quilts; having just had a little one myself and recently on a quilting kick, I may need to make some!

Congrats on the finish! It looks excellent. I'm working on a Super Mario World map series myself (one complete, one halfway through, and the mega map started) so this inspires me to try to finish more of it. May need to enlist my brother-in-law to make me one of those scroll frame holders... I sense lots of feeding hours in my future.

AvFan4vr
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by AvFan4vr »

Thanks, everyone! I definitely want to do another map but not sure when I'll start it as I'm working on a cross stitch for my brother right now and then may take a break from stitching so that I get other projects done!

Moirae wrote:Looks great finished. It's amazing you managed to do it so quickly while only working on it during baby's feeding time. But I also know how much time that can take up in a day. Brings back memories of feeding my nephew while playing WOW a decade ago lol.
Oh, I did work on it besides when I fed her. If I watched a movie I'd work on it too but the majority of the work was done while feeding her. I have a feeling she's going to grow tired of hearing that when she's older! ~laughs~

Finally got around to taking photos of some quilts that I've made this year... the Zelda is for my brother. I used some awesome Zelda material for the back! I also designed a Dalek quilt for my mother and the sampler quilt is for my father who grew up on a farm.
Attachments
ti2.JPG
ti2.JPG (538.4 KiB) Viewed 6444 times
ti1.JPG
ti1.JPG (492.85 KiB) Viewed 6444 times
ti3.JPG
ti3.JPG (457.55 KiB) Viewed 6444 times
ti4.JPG
ti4.JPG (433.98 KiB) Viewed 6444 times

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

The quilts look fun...especially LOVE the Dalek quilt!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

lcockitt
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by lcockitt »

Just seen the framed map, it looks amazing! I also really like the dalek quilt - I bet your mother loves it :)
Currently attempting: Epic Pokemon Cross Stitch Gen I, M'aiq the Liar
Knitting - Fusion in Paris

Don't judge me - blogging about allsorts https://dontjudgemebut.wordpress.com/

AvFan4vr
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by AvFan4vr »

I finally started map four- my favorite world which is why I'm skipping ahead. My husband figured if I do 130? stitches a day it will take me 4 1/2 years to finish... so maybe in ten years I'll have it done. hahaha!
month2.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

What a fantastic start! Have fun working on it!!!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

AvFan4vr wrote:I finally started map four- my favorite world which is why I'm skipping ahead. My husband figured if I do 130? stitches a day it will take me 4 1/2 years to finish... so maybe in ten years I'll have it done. hahaha!

month2.jpg
Glad to see you starting another map. Let me do those calculations...200k + stitches? is that really for this one world map? or all the world maps? Either way, good luck, even if it takes 10 years.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

AvFan4vr
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by AvFan4vr »

haha Yes, it's very close to 200k stitches. I think it's about 180,000 so what's an extra 20,000? haha Yes, that's for one map, and this map isn't even the largest!