Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Baby Hooded Towels

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Baby Hooded Towels

Post by Kareesh »

I have finally decided what I'm going to make my friend for her twin girls. Now I need to frantically make them before her baby shower, which is this Saturday! My Michael's is clearing out a lot of their cross stitching stuff, and I found an awesome deal on some hooded towels. I love hooded towels for my daughter, so I decided to pick up a couple and stitch Baby Princess Peach on one, and Baby Princess Daisy on the other.

I started with Princess Peach and have gotten quite a bit of her done in two days. I don't have some of the colors, so I'll make a run to the store in a day or two, but I decided to start on the black of Princess Daisy while I waited. Here's a picture of Peach (no pic of Daisy yet):

Pattern found here
~*~Shiloh's Stitches on Etsy~*~*~My Cooking Blog~*~

June List
- Finish Little Nemo square
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL
- Finish Grandmother's sign

no_need
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Baby Hooded Towels

Post by no_need »

That's a great idea :nod and great choice of characters, too!
Current projects: 'Heroes' sketch, experiments with surface embroidery.

"We have to build the republic of heaven where we are, because for us there is no elsewhere."
--Philip Pullman, The Amber Spyglass

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

seems like most of the michaels are clearing their stuff like that out - been to one in barrie, ont and in sudbury and the prices are dropping fast!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

samarin wrote:seems like most of the michaels are clearing their stuff like that out - been to one in barrie, ont and in sudbury and the prices are dropping fast!
Yeah, I messaged them about it awhile ago, stating my disappointment that their selection of cross stitching stuff was dwindling. They came back saying something about how they need to follow the trends, which I guess doesn't include cross stitching. I may have to start going somewhere else for my stuff. *le sigh*

June List
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL

samarin
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by samarin »

also, love the baby towel idea...one of my co-workers is having a baby in sept-ish. We arent really friends, but i dont dislike her or anything, just very different people. I wanted to make her something, but nothing to extravagant so i'm thinking discount michaels baby towel with some cute baby animals.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StitchedPixels
WIPs
Pokemon All Gens - 40/270 pages (14.8%)
Quilt Squares 1/48 done, square 2 - 70%
Elizabeth (sepia) - 50%
Playing
tomb raider and fallout new vegas

Lileya
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Lileya »

samarin wrote:seems like most of the michaels are clearing their stuff like that out - been to one in barrie, ont and in sudbury and the prices are dropping fast!
Same here. They just opened one in Gatineau a few months ago, and the cross-stitch supply has decreased a lot since it's been opened... Hopefully they at least keep all the DMC colors... It sucks cause it's like a 3 minutes drive from my new home... :(
Current projects :
Out of commission after surgery until May.

Currently playing : Speed runs of Biohazard HD Remaster

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

I finished Baby Princess Daisy! Now to finish the few colors that I have left on Baby Princess Peach. I can totally get these done before Saturday! I can see the light! (Sorry for the crappy picture. I'll get better ones up once I get them both done.)

June List
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL

Kareesh
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Kareesh »

Finished these and while I was helping to set up for the shower last night, I found out I spelled one of the names wrong. Ugh....So I decided to give the towels to them so they could see them, and then go back and fix the spelling. I also have to stitch a washcloth on the back of the aida to help protect the stitchings as well as to make it softer for the babies' heads. I think my favorite moment was when someone at the baby shower came up to me and told me I must have a pretty amazing machine to make that. Proudly I said I did that all by hand. :grin:

Both of them together

Veronika/Baby Princess Peach

Rachael/Baby Princess Daisy

If anyone is interested, I can post the pattern for Princess Daisy. I just took the Princess Peach one and made a few adjustments. Just lemme know. :)

June List
- Frame Weather Graph
- Sprite Stitch SAL

Miss Clawful
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Miss Clawful »

So adorable!
I think my favorite moment was when someone at the baby shower came up to me and told me I must have a pretty amazing machine to make that. Proudly I said I did that all by hand. :grin:
Oh that must've brought you so much joy, probably were smiling the rest of the day /evening after that, if not on the outside certainly inside.

starrley
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by starrley »

I love them! To the blog they go. :)
"I assure you, Commander, the cards are sufficiently randomized."

:pika Current projects: :pika
Sherlock wallpaper stitch
Quilting
Crocheting

DA