Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Epic Pokemon pattern WIP!!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Epic Pokemon pattern WIP!!

Post by Firehawke »

It's SO fun to see people working on this!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Paige712
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Paige712 »

Hi guys another 6 day rotation for my pkmn stitch complete!

Stats"
Time: 104hrs
Stitches: 9689/114,956
% done: 8.43 percent
Date: 9.7.2016.

Enjoy!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Yay...great progress!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

colbon2
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by colbon2 »

Servotron wrote:Good to see someone else attempting this. Strange to see that of all the patterns I've made, the one I made on a whim for nobody in particular is the one people are attempting. Whereas I don't think I've seen any of the patterns stitched up that people requested.

EDIT: Also, I hope for the love of God that your counting skills are better than mine. I would hate for those patches of black? to be in the wrong place.
Thanks so much for posting the pattern it means a lot!!!

I was talking with a person who creates cross stitch patterns on Etsy that was at a anime festival within my city and I was talking with him when he was like "yeah, it sucks that someone posted that pattern for free... if I created it I would have charged $60 Canadian for each pattern chart"

So after hearing that from someone else I am glad you posted this for the world to enjoy free of charge!!! you're my personal hero!!! :D

I have also started this but I am taking a break for a little while...

CitrusOda
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by CitrusOda »

This should come with a repetitive strain injury warning :grin:
Good Luck!
"If we see the moon as they do, then why can we not see the Earth as they do? Hm..." ~ Meowth

Servotron
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by Servotron »

colbon2 wrote: I was talking with a person who creates cross stitch patterns on Etsy that was at a anime festival within my city and I was talking with him when he was like "yeah, it sucks that someone posted that pattern for free... if I created it I would have charged $60 Canadian for each pattern chart"
Nah, The Pokemon Company would have shut that right down. They don't like it when people try to make money off Pokemon.
Image Image Image Image

meowath
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by meowath »

Just curious. Is anyone attempting this without using a hoop or a frame? what are the downsides/dangers fo not using a hoop or a frame while cross-stitching?

Bistou
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by Bistou »

I just joined for this i have been reading all the post and have gathered the supplies and started this ! From the bottom left corner at bulbasaur. Felt right to do them in that order but is a little weird to start from page 26 hehee. Will post a wip pic when i have done more and feel its worthwhile.

I'm using a scroll frame because for that big a project i like being able to roll the exess and get it out of the way but when i used 6" square i didn't use anything as i don't like the folded like a hoop makes

I think maybe it will be harder to have even tension and the rest of the fabric will be flopping around but it should be doable

Ashlene
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Ashlene »

Bistou wrote:I just joined for this i have been reading all the post and have gathered the supplies and started this ! From the bottom left corner at bulbasaur. Felt right to do them in that order but is a little weird to start from page 26 hehee. Will post a wip pic when i have done more and feel its worthwhile.

I'm using a scroll frame because for that big a project i like being able to roll the exess and get it out of the way but when i used 6" square i didn't use anything as i don't like the folded like a hoop makes

I think maybe it will be harder to have even tension and the rest of the fabric will be flopping around but it should be doable
I'm hoping to start soon on this too. I have only ever used a hoop. Might research a little bit and try something else for this since it is so big.
Current Projects:
  • Epic Pokemong Gen 1 - pg. 2/30
    Banjo Kazooie scene for charity quilt
    Finn Faces
    Giant Octopus Amigurumi

Paige712
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Paige712 »

meowath wrote:Just curious. Is anyone attempting this without using a hoop or a frame? what are the downsides/dangers fo not using a hoop or a frame while cross-stitching?
I use a Q-snap personally. They are great for tension and are easy to handle too :).