Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Epic Pokemon pattern WIP!!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Epic Pokemon pattern WIP!!

Post by blackmageheart »

Blink190 wrote:Very nice so far guys. Good to see people working on something time consuming : P
Is everyone doing cross stitch on this one?
I am doing cross stitch with 3 strands, I was going to do half stitch but changed my mind (don't ask me why, I don't know what I was thinking at the time!).
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Zombified
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by Zombified »

Man, that's so awesome that so many people have started it!
I really want to do it but no one posted a pattern I could open..hahaha.

Blink190
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by Blink190 »

blackmageheart wrote:
Blink190 wrote:Very nice so far guys. Good to see people working on something time consuming : P
Is everyone doing cross stitch on this one?
I am doing cross stitch with 3 strands, I was going to do half stitch but changed my mind (don't ask me why, I don't know what I was thinking at the time!).
Haha so it won't be done til a year or so from now : P

nintandrew
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by nintandrew »

I'm doing actual cross stitches on this one also, except I'm using one strand folded on itself so I don't have to tack the start of the string, while it also makes two strands. I got the idea from Mak327 over in the techniques forum. :grin:
Eyup

LiquidKarma
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by LiquidKarma »

I agree! It's awesome that so many people are doing this epic pattern...you're all very brave :)

Mak327
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by Mak327 »

nintandrew wrote:I'm doing actual cross stitches on this one also, except I'm using one strand folded on itself so I don't have to tack the start of the string, while it also makes two strands. I got the idea from Mak327 over in the techniques forum. :grin:
Another hint. Use longer lengths of thread since you're folding it in half. That way you don't have to change as often and since you're stitching in half, it won't get tangled as easily as a super long one stitched in double. I used to do it only in certain situations, but I'm liking it more and more. I feel like my back is neater.

Glad to see someone else using this trick.

nintandrew
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by nintandrew »

Mak327- I have been using longer lengths, and the back looks neater for me too. Thanks for the tip.

BMH, a-l- what count fabric are you guys using? I'm using 18 ct.

It's coming together...
Spoiler
I had to undo the black around Charizard's head/neck once and right wing twice... right after I told BlackMage Heart that I would mess up if I tried to do the black first like she did.

I'm off to stitch more! :cool:
Eyup

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

nintandrew wrote:BMH, a-l- what count fabric are you guys using? I'm using 18 ct.
16 count, it was on a special offer - half price for a metre of double width aida :D
nintandrew wrote:I had to undo the black around Charizard's head/neck once and right wing twice... right after I told BlackMage Heart that I would mess up if I tried to do the black first like she did.
And right after you told me that, I had to unpick the whole outline of Dragonair cos I'd missed out 2 pixels :O
I'm gonna do some colours for a bit I think, but I'm in need of supplies and can't get em til Monday so I've got to work with what I have :D
nintandrew wrote:It's coming together...
ohhh its looking sweet! :good:
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

ami-lynn
Rank 3 - Star Mario
Rank 3 - Star Mario

Post by ami-lynn »

I'm using the 18 count aida and using a two strand cross stitch.

Haven't been able to work on it much this week. But next week thanks to a family vacation I'll have lots of time. ^.^

@ nintandrew - that's looking awesome.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Done a little bit more...
Spoiler

...there'd be more done if my daughter would stop waking up every time I pick up my needle lol :O