Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Sharing some DQ projects

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
AerynB
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Re: Sharing some DQ projects

Post by AerynB »

Made some progress on this one. Warlock and Specter from Dragon Quest I done. (a.k.a. prestidigitator and spitegeist in most recent localization)
specter.jpg
Some things I've learned this year:
1) Use a pack of needles for a project instead of just one. You can leave a snipped thread on a needle for when you need that color again. Saves a bit of time.

2) There were some DMC threads added a few years back that show up in my patterns on PCStitch, however they're hard / impossible to find now (3880s and 3890s). I've now deleted them from PCStitch so that it won't choose those colors first when uploading a picture, but find closer matches in available colors.

3) Print to PDF and then upload PDF to Pattern Keeper to track progress. So far it's been a lot easier to see what needs to be stitched vs. what has been stitched. I was afraid PCStitch wouldn't export to PDF, but the internet helped me figure it out. Phew.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I agree! Having multiple needles for a project is huge! Also a huge fan of if I am using a color that has a lot of stitches, I will preload multiple needles, so when I'm done with a strand, I can just keep going instead of having to stop and rethread!
Those DMC threads...I'm not a fan of limited edition colors like that! Glad that you were able to delete them from PCStitch!
And yay for being able to upload into Pattern Keeper! That app is a game changer!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

AerynB
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by AerynB »

Ooh, I hadn't thought of pre-threading the same color on many needles. Usually I cut double the length if I know I'm doing a big section, but it frays more easily, gets more tangled, and other assorted bad things. Pre-threading sounds like a much better way to go!

It's funny how cross-stitching is such a simple hobby and you think you know everything there is to know, but even in my early forties I'm learning new things!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Same!!! Totally learning new things all the time! Love the fact that everyone can truly make this hobby their own, between patterns, techniques, stitching styles...it's endless!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

The colours look good :) Its often a bit of a challenge to find equivalent colours for some of the discontinued numbers.
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/