Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches video game things!

Video game craft projects made with thread and needles...
Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Mom says "Thanks!"

The package is in the mail...so there's a really good chance I will get them for the weekend! Also arriving is a book that will help me really solidify some thoughts about a challenge I want to give myself to help me get lots of stitching (and geeky blogging) done!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Firehawke wrote:She's trying to focus on positive things and doing as much as she can (we're still doing spring cleaning)...and sadly, her health is still being...unique I think is the best word. The doctors are still puzzled by some of her recent test results...I think they're just chalking it all up to how her body is reacting to the MS and cancer. But that's not stopping her at all! :)
Glad to hear she's still kicking butt and not letting things get her down too much! <3 <3
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

She said she's good at that even when she has to be flat in bed :P

Something came in the mail yesterday! I told myself I couldn't get to crazy with it until I finished Part 11 of Sophie (halfway through)...but I did get started!
Attachments
20180516_175822.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I did something totally geeky! You know the old Walking to Mordor thread? Well...I'm doing a Stitching to Mordor challenge!!!

Details can be found here...

https://firehawkegeeks.blogspot.com/201 ... d.html?m=1

And the pattern I decided to work on is Eevee!

The first leg of the journey is done (458 stitches) and Eevee and I have made it to Rivendell!
20180519_132751.jpg
(sorry about the poor picture quality...no sunlight today)

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Whatever motivates you to stitch more. Haha. But I think with 1 stitch = 1 mile that you are going to destroy the one ring before you finish the page. lol
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I really am! :P Chances are that at a future date I may change up the challenge and increase the number of stitches...but it's SO not going to happen this summer!

I am needing to have some help with stitching motivation this summer because work is just wiping me out :( This summer I am working on shifting (and then shelf reading) a good portion of the items in my area...that includes ~30,000 kids books (some of which will be moved twice) along with the metal shelves they are on...multiple hours a day so far...and we are already hitting our summer conditions inside the building...mid 70s with 50+% humidity levels, so air movement is a bit lacking (hoping we get some industrial strength dehumidifiers soon...we are a 3 floor library that's having to get by with maybe 4 or 5 of those dehumidifiers that are good for small rooms...every little bit helps, but come on!). Between that and then the school age storytime starting in 10 days, which means that 1 day a week I won't be taken my lunch break until 4, I'm facing feeling like just coming home and not moving at all. Having this challenge and my Sophie goal (which I think may all end at the same time :P) will help me get through at least the shifting part of it (at least it better!) and ease into the regular summer schedule with some sanity intact and some crafting done :P

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

That sounds exhausting. Kids books are the worst. At least the younger ones are from what I remember. The books come in all shapes and sizes and are harder to stack, move, organize and they are usually terribly out of order. I can't imagine dong 30k of them (maybe if I was still in my early twenties). I worked in a bookstore for a year and, despite being in a university, the kid's shelves were always the messiest. It probably didn't help that when lines got long people would line up next to them and toss merchandise (from other floors) they didn't want there. I think I was the only one that ever bothered if they weren't ordered by the managers, but it was oh so satisfying seeing it all neat and organized at the end.

Well, take care of yourself and hopefully the allure of a new project or two will be enough to keep you motivated. :)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That doesn't sound fun at all!

I make sure to walk through my shelves at least once a day to keep things as straight as possible...and I run a list of all of the books that have been shelved in my area each week to check and make sure that they are in the right spot (some weeks are better than others). Haven't found anything bizarre yet (in years past, we have found an odd variety of things on, behind, and under our shelves)...but did find a moldy book yesterday :shock: :cry:

All I want to do is craft right now...didn't have much time last night as I decided that I needed to look through a bunch of books I brought home from the public library for my book committee reading. This morning I decided that I was done with that :P I'm on 2 committees for the same award (it has 3 categories) and each year I have to read 100+ books (some years it's more like 200+) between the 2 categories and vote for up to 10 books per category that I think would be good for the awards (the kids in our state do the final reading and from those 10 vote for the top 3. I made it through all of the books that sounded like they were worth my time...and since voting was already open, I was like "nope...I'm done!" and got my votes in this morning.

So, more crafting time for me! :yahoo:

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Finished the next leg of my Stitching to Mordor challenge!
20180526_164410.jpg
It was quite the adventure :P

For all the commentary (included the paralels in both the journeys AND the colors in another project), check out my blogpost!

https://firehawkegeeks.blogspot.com/201 ... 8.html?m=1

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

The colors are looking nice. Congrats on hitting your next milestone and finding your lost needle (lol). Hope you don't melt like the one ring in the coming summer weather.