Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

LOTR Middle Earth Map

faroresdragn
Rank 2 - Fire Mario
Rank 2 - Fire Mario

Re: LOTR Middle Earth Map

Post by faroresdragn »

Lol awesome this is such a cool project. Where do you even buy fabric this big and either this high a count?

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

This particular piece of fabric I got through https://www.silkweaverfabrics.com/. They have an assortment of dyed fabrics in various weaves, counts, and sizes. The main drawback though is that their shipping times are inconsistent. As the first post mentions, it took two months for the fabric to be sent and another couple days to get to me. While I was waiting for this fabric to come in, I was considering getting fabric from https://stephsfabbys.com/, but decided to message the first shop, instead.

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

Between starting the knitting project (and not finishing yet) I mentioned previously, overtime at work, and subsequent recovery from ot, I have FINALLY finished page two of row two. Hopefully, the next page won't take as long, but seeing as my husband and I have started the process of buying a house recently and my job has continued the excessive amounts of overtime after the Christmas break ( :banghead: ), my time is going to be limited again.
Spoiler
SAM_0890.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0892.JPG

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Ooh, it's looking really well! :)
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking fantastic! Good luck with all of the different things you have going on!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

Happy Easter! Still busy with overtime, but at least it's slowing down.....a little. Hubby and I have found a house and we hope to close in a couple weeks, so I will be busy with moving soon. At any rate, I have another page done.
Spoiler
SAM_0900.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0894.JPG
Have I mentioned how much I hate stitching the mountains and lettering? So many confetti stitches that it's almost not even worth it. Ugh!...And then I see it in picture form or from a distance and it looks almost three dimensional and it makes all the work worthwhile.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You are doing a fantastic job!!!
I hear ya on confetti stitching...can be a pain and slow going, but it's worth it!
Good luck with the house stuff!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

Another page done, and I'm astounded by how little progress I've made on this in the last year. So much for "one page a month."
We have moved into our new home and are really enjoying it. We've had a few hiccups, but it could be worse.

Spoiler
SAM_0903.JPG
Spoiler
SAM_0907.JPG

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

You are making great progress!! It's looking fantastic!!!

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

Slowly but surely coming along. So how much brown/pink floss did you stockpile for this one? :D
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/