Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

LOTR Middle Earth Map

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

LOTR Middle Earth Map

Post by carand88 »

It's been a loooooong time since I've posted anything.....or stitched anything. I've been super busy these last few years getting married, going back to college, and getting obsessed with knitting. I'm working on a Dr. Who scarf for a friend that's almost done so I'm getting anxious to start something big cross stitch wise. There's been a project on the back of my mind I've been wanting to stitch and I finally have the resources and ambition to do it. It's this (https://www.etsy.com/listing/480769142/ ... ve_5&frs=1) pattern. It's a HAED pattern and it's HUGE!! The fabric I'm stitching it on is 36 ct over 2 and it's going to be about 32x41 inches. It's the biggest thing I've ever attempted to stitch and I'm nervous. I've made a start on it and this is day 1 of stitching.
Spoiler
Middle Earth WIP 1.jpg
Size reference of the piece of fabric. (BTW do NOT buy anything from Silkweavers. It took them TWO MONTHS to get the fabric to me and I live in the same country they're based in.)
Spoiler
Size Reference.jpg
I will try to keep you all posted. No guarantees. I'm still technically busy with school.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: LOTR Middle Earth Map

Post by Firehawke »

It will be fun to watch this project grow...have fun stitching!

How many colors does it have?
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Pyper »

That should keep you busy for a while :p It will be amazing when its done :)
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Long time no see, carand! Best of luck with the new project, it looks BIIIIIIGGGGGG :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

My project is progressing well. This is my progress at the end of my second weekend.
Spoiler
SAM_0015.JPG
I might be farther along, except my cat insists on sitting in my lap whenever I'm stitching. No pic of that. Maybe next time.

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by FireKraken »

Great progress! That will look amazing when done. Cats make great crafting "assistants". Looking forward to seeing more of your updates.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

It's looking great!

How many colors does it have?

Have fun working on it!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

It's 63 colors. There's a few that have fewer than 50 stitches to them, so that'll be fun. I'm done with the top half of page 1. It's slow going, but it's a method I've never done before. Changing colors so often is time consuming, even if it is for just one stitch.
Spoiler
SAM_0025.JPG
And as promised, a picture of my stitching buddy....impeding my stitching time, lol.
Spoiler
SAM_0019.JPG

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That's a nice amount of colors...and good luck with all of the color changes! Confetti stitches can be quite entertaining at times! :P

What a pretty stitching buddy!

carand88
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by carand88 »

End of weekend four. My wrist is bothering me, or else I would have done a little more. Wrist pain is probably more to do with work than with this project, but I'm sure it's not helping.
Spoiler
SAM_0026.JPG