Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Post by Firehawke »

Worked almost exclusively with parked threads today on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf
Spoiler
And Friday night and Saturday, the Doctor got some hair!
Spoiler
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

These both look amazing. I absolutely love the fabric for your treasure hunt bookshelf. And I'm always amazed by people who can successfully use the parking technique. I need to keep working on that... my threads always end up a tangled mess!
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks, Clarington!!!

It's 18 count opalescent from Zweigart (I got it off 123stitch)...and it's about half the length of my twin size bed...the width is the same :P I'm planning on getting 2 more pieces the same size (when my budget allows...maybe for Christmas/birthday) for my two other HAED projects that are in standby mode until I get supplies.

I'll let you in on a secret...my threads ALWAYS end up looking like a tangled mess :sorry: They just didn't make it into the picture. I'm learning that it helps if once I figure out which needle I need, I unthread it and then just pull the DMC through the mess and the rethread my needle...works pretty well so far!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Another week of stitching!

Finished another row on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, including 9 stitches in double stranded Krenik (my first time using it...9 stitches down, 4,890 to go :P)
Spoiler
And the Doctor's head has been filled in!
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Had some extra time at home due to the stomach bug going around work. Stitching gavee something to focus on!

Got another row done on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf!
Spoiler
And finished page 2 on the Eleventh Doctor Stained Glass!
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Only worked on one project this past week (well...only one cross stitch project).

Working on pages 3 and 4 on the Eleventh Doctor
Spoiler
And bonus peek at the back!
Spoiler

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Hey all----as I'm sure you could see if you tried to look at my update pics, I got hit with the Photobucket policy change. I have backed up all of my past pics onto my Google Photos, so if you want to see any of those, just let me know!
I am currently planning on directly uploading my update pics directly to the forum for the foreseeable future (I haven't found a new image sharing site I like yet).
Thanks!

(note...hope to have an update pic by the end of the weekend!)

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

:D Pages 3 and 4 are done!!!

Taking a break from Doctor Who and Treasure Hunt Bookshelf (that 1 especially because there's a nice amount of aida on my lap while I'm working on it...and it's heat wave time) because I have a package from 123Stitch tomorrow with supplies for a new project!
Spoiler
20170709_160711.jpg

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by yafashelli »

I love the Dr. Who stitch! I'm dying to see the 10th doctor. :D

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks!

I'm hoping to start the 10th project over Christmas break (just the blackwork...it was fun working on all the blackwork on 11th over last Christmas break!). I have the picture and the pattern on my Kindle...and I think I have enough black left over from 11th (need to check that). Just need to get aida to start!