Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

yafashelli
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Re: Firehawke stitches non-video game things!

Post by yafashelli »

How big are they? The don't look like they'd be epically massive, but looks can be deceiving. :grin:

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

One is 177x244 and the other is 179x244 (not counting my oops at the bottom of 11th that I'm hoping to turn into something really cool when it's all done). I'm stitching 11th on 18 count and will probably stitch 10th on the same count.

Here's a link to the patterns...I highly recommend them! :nod
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14043&hilit=doctor+ ... ass#p69807
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Our heatwave broke and we have been having seasonable temps, so I broke out Treasure Hunt Bookshelf again!

Another row done, a total of 4,000 stitches now complete! And a touch over halfway done with page one :nod
Attachments
20170805_191802.jpg
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

wow, you've made a lot of progress since I last saw it (must've missed it before because of evil photobucket :cry: )
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Clarington
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Clarington »

This is looking great! The colours are just beautiful.
I'm gettin' bloggy: http://craftscapades.com/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Thanks guys!!! :blush:

Trying something new (have no idea how it will work out)...here's a link to my Google Photos album which has all (theoretically) my WIP pics from this project to date!

https://goo.gl/photos/vPCLQk2vhUHxFsKR9

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by Moirae »

Works for me. :D Man. :shock: That's a lot of parking. Almost looks like weaving. I imagine when you have a pattern that big and with so many colors, that would be a good strategy to employ. I don't think I've ever stitched more than 2, maybe 3, colors at one time. I do have a tendency to be lazy though and "park" my threads on the side when I finish with the color and wind up with 3 dozen threads waiting to be weaved in and cut off. lol.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Glad that worked!

That method sounds a lot like me with my yarn crafts...do a bunch of work on a project (usually scarves and snowflakes that I work on mass producing) and save taking care of all the ends for last :P

Trouble with parking that much...moving the strings out of the way when it's time to take a picture...like today! Thanks to a bunch of stitches in 310 and 939, I got another row of 800 done this weekend! :wiz
Attachments
20170813_145300.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

Update time! Another row of 800 stitches on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf...AND did a little work on page 5 of Eleventh Doctor Stained Glass! (mom had to take a pic of my parked threads to post on Facebook :P)

Also, there is a pic up in my VG topic. (and I also weaved in ends on 30 someodd scarves)

All this crafting brought to you by sick days (just a little stitching), a planned 4 day weekend (to avoid move in day for the university and then the eclipse (a...traffic (I live in the path of totality); b...who knows what it would do to my head (bit of a headache but no migraine...blessed!); and c...got to watch with my family!); and binge watching of Voyager (almost done with season 6), Prisoner (watched all but 2 episodes), and many Premiere League matches and baseball games :P
20170821_192952.jpg
Attachments
20170821_192935.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

:wiz Another 800 stitches done on Treasure Hunt Bookshelf...if I'm thinking correctly, only 18 more rows until page 1 is done!
Attachments
20170827_200659.jpg