Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Moirae's Misc Stitches (FOs - December 2023)

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (WIP-Egyptian Sampler, Hello Kitty Avengers, GOT Banner)

Post by Moirae »

:yahoo: Overjoyed to be back. For a bit there, I was afraid the forums would be gone for good. :cray: I joined Instagram ( @moiraestitches if anyone is interested) right before the forums went down and was able to get my Cross Stitch fix from there. The community is huge but I still missed Sprite Stitch because it's just not the same (though Firehawke has been keeping me company this week :good: ) Also, I can ramble as much as I want here, post bigger pictures and use a proper keyboard instead of my phone with my fat fingers.

Now, I have updates for a few projects to share.

First up Hello Avengers. Watch out Hulk-kitty just got very angry. Also, outlines for Iron Kitty and the Captain. Taking a small break from this one to work on my other projects. Current stitch count: 3130
Hello Avengers June 28.jpg
Egyptian Sampler..I've got some border progress and a bunch more of the falcons done.
Egyptian Sampler Falcons June 28-2.jpg

and last, but not least, my latest progress from tonight on my Got Targaryen banner. I've gotten a lot more done in the last month and I'm halfway through my 3rd skein of DMC 321 (Red). I'm really enjoying this pattern.
GOT Banner June 28.jpg
Click for full size, it's a lot clearer when it's bigger.
Last edited by Moirae on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (WIP-Egyptian Sampler, Hello Kitty Avengers, GOT Banner 5/28/18)

Post by Firehawke »

Happy to keep you company! And thanls for keeping me company on my blog! I'm just glad there were waya for us to get a fix while the site was down!

SO glad to see your pics back on Sprite Stitch...fantastic as always!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (WIP-Egyptian Sampler, Hello Kitty Avengers, GOT Banner 5/28/18)

Post by FireKraken »

So glad the forum is back! I missed everyone's updates. The Targaryen banner looks stunning! Love all the detail around it. I squee'd loudly at the Hello Avengers. Super adorable!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (WIP- We Do Geek, GOT Banner, Koi Needlepoint 7/17/18)

Post by Moirae »

Forgot to share the progress on my We Do Geek piece after the forums came back up. So, here you go:
I'm a little past the halfway mark on this one, but I'm a bit tired of stitching letters right now, so I've rotated it out.
We Do Geek July.jpg
I spent a couple days in Big Bear with some family. Mostly playing games and cooking/eating, but it was nice to get away from the heat wave and the desert. It's so much prettier than Los Angeles County.
20180711_134609.jpg
I brought along my GOT banner since it didn't require me packing many supplies (an upside of 1 color patterns). I'm almost finished with my 3rd skein of DMC 321.
GOT BANNER 7-14.jpg
I should post again soon with a new finished piece (if you've seen my Instagram - I've been posting the progress there), but here's something else I haven't shared anywhere, yet. I am trying out needlepoint on this Koi Dimensions Kit. It's not really a beginner piece, but it's on the smaller side at only 5x5" on 14ct mesh (6 strands of thread).
koi needlepoint.jpg
The back is so much different from cross stitch. I kind of like it better than the front. lol. It must be because of the basketweave stitching.
koi needlepoint back.jpg

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(WIP- We Do Geek, GOT Banner, Koi Needlepoint 7/17/18)

Post by Firehawke »

Those letters are looking great...hope it makes it back to the rotation soon!

Big Bear looks SO pretty!!! Glad you were able to go!

That's a lot of 321 and it's looking great!

Have fun with the needlepoint!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Pyper
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(WIP- We Do Geek, GOT Banner, Koi Needlepoint 7/17/18)

Post by Pyper »

That Targaryan banner is amazing! Will you do any of the other Houses as well?

Needlepoint looks like it would be a bit faster than cross stitch, with a fluffier(?) finish. Will you frame it when finished or turn it into something?
WIPS: Dwarf Fortress blanket, sailing ship stitch, shiny pokemon, moth bags
Blog: http://strangenessisconserved.wordpress.com/

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(Completed - Stitchcraft 7/22/18)

Post by Moirae »

Firehawke wrote:Those letters are looking great...hope it makes it back to the rotation soon!

Big Bear looks SO pretty!!! Glad you were able to go!

That's a lot of 321 and it's looking great!

Have fun with the needlepoint!!!
Thanks. I think I'll probably do a little bit at a time with the Geek one. It's a nice one to pick up when I don't want to switch colors or work on black aida (which I seem to be using quite a bit of this year).
Pyper wrote:That Targaryan banner is amazing! Will you do any of the other Houses as well?

Needlepoint looks like it would be a bit faster than cross stitch, with a fluffier(?) finish. Will you frame it when finished or turn it into something?
The patterns at Lolitamade's shop are all buy one, get one free; so, I got the Stark pattern also. I might not start on it right away, but I definitely want to do it. If I finish that one, too, I might think about getting some of the other ones. I'm partial to Lannister, Greyjoy or House Martell (Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken is such a bad ass family motto).

Needlepoint is only / instead of X stitches, so it does go a bit faster, but since I'm not used to it and I have to use 6 strands at a time, it's not too much faster for me, yet. Also Needlepoint projects are almost always full coverage since they are on canvas, but I don't tend to do full-coverage pieces on cross stitch. Although, for experienced stitchers and full coverage patterns, I imagine it's almost twice as fast as doing it in cross stitch.

edit:
And here's my latest finish.
ss-stitchcraft.jpg
Pattern: I Practice Stitchcraft by TheWitchyStitcher/WitchyStitcher
https://www.etsy.com/listing/591783142/ ... oss-stitch
2 Strands DMC on 14 ct black aida (Charles Craft Silver Standard)
3 strands satin stitch on the bobbin. Couching on the threads that come off the bobbin and the needles (for the skulls and "crossbones"). All else is backstitch or cross stitch.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(Complete- I Practice StitchCraft 7/22/18; WIP- We Do Geek, GOT Banner, Koi Needlepoint 7/17/1

Post by Firehawke »

Love how that turned out!

FireKraken
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(Complete- I Practice StitchCraft 7/22/18; WIP- We Do Geek, GOT Banner, Koi Needlepoint 7/17/1

Post by FireKraken »

The Targaryen banner looks awesome! So tempted to find the Stark banner version.

We Do Geek looks great! I'm eager to see the rest of it.

Big Bear looks beautiful this time of year. I haven't been there in ten years. I used to go every summer for a week around my birthday to escape LA. Hope you had a relaxing time.

Yay needlepoint! It looks great. Nice cool relaxing image of koi. I have one I work on every now and then, but it's big (20"x15") and I keep hopping around to whatever color I am in the mood to work on, which makes it really patchy looking right now. Yours looks really nice all filled in. Basketweave stitch makes such a pretty back!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches(Complete- Hairy Pawter Pusheen, WIP - Hello Kitty Avengers 7/28/18)

Post by Moirae »

I did start out a little patchy on the needlepoint. Did only a few leaves in the corner, but, after awhile, I filled in all the gaps because I wanted to see how it looked with a larger area done.

I did another small piece (~1200 stitches) right after I finished the StitchCraft piece. It feels so great not having to wait months between finishes. This is a small Pusheen cross stitch that was just too cute to pass up. Also, I went to University of Southern California and I owned the exact scarf that he's wearing before I dropped it on the street and lost it one day. I do however have another scarf that's in the same colors, but a different style. Ten years ago, my mom was temporarily laid off and so, during Christmas-time, I bought some skeins of yarn and asked her to knit me a scarf for my present.

Pattern by AvroraCS - (free) - http://avroracs.blogspot.com/2017/10/fr ... terns.html)

Hairy Pawter - w/my HP books and DVDs
Pusheen and books.jpg
w/my knitted scarf
Pusheen and scarf.jpg
Bonus Pics for any Sprite Stitch knitters out there.

Close up on the pattern - Fern from a book by Barbara Aytes - Adventures in Knitting (published in 1968 I believe).
Scarf Pattern Fern.jpg
I may have gone overboard on my request. Mom didn't mind, but it wound up about 12 inches wide and 90 inches long. Not quite Tom Baker absurd length, but he was 6'3" and I was just pushing 5'. lol. Trusty yardstick and full-size bed for scale.
Scarf.jpg
and an update on the Hello Kitty Avengers. Chose and filled in the red for Iron Kitty.
avengers iron kitty red only.jpg