Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Moirae's Misc Stitches (FOs - December 2023)

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (WIP-Etsy Patterns - April 2018)

Post by Moirae »

I was pattern shopping on Etsy last week and felt I should at least start the last pattern I bought on there (in October :blush: ). It's a medium?-sized piece, but with the tiniest little figures of the characters from the Labyrinth movie. The text was fairly easy to stitch despite being on black and it made me want to stitch more. Now, the characters have a lot of color changes and it's taking a bit of time. I expect to finish it this week. I probably would have already, but I joined Reddit for their CrossStitch subreddit and I somehow got distracted and redirected to totally unrelated subs like StolenDogBeds smh (I've visited reddit before, but hadn't realized how much of a clickbait sinkhole it is lol).

I'll post a link to the Etsy Shop when I'm done stitching it.
Labyrinth Babe1.jpg
Last edited by Moirae on Sun May 27, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best quality photos here, but,for more frequent updates, check out my instagram
https://www.instagram.com/moiraestitches/

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (WIP-Egyptian Sampler 3/22, Hardanger 3/17)

Post by Firehawke »

SO cute!!! Now I have the song from that scene stuck in my head :P
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (WIP-Egyptian Sampler 3/22, Hardanger 3/17)

Post by Moirae »

Firehawke wrote:SO cute!!! Now I have the song from that scene stuck in my head :P
Haha. Imagine if you did Cloudsfactory version. It has the full chorus stitched out. I do have to admit I was liking stitching the text part so much I picked up a completely text pattern on Etsy and started powering through it. I've think I've done about 20% in 2.5 days. It must be that motivation you get when starting a new project. lol .
It's one of the In This House... patterns.
Stitched on 16 count fiddler's aida (50% cotton, 42% polyester, 8% linen) - Lite Oatmeal. First time I've used this count and I'm liking it. Which is good because I just ordered some 16 count black aida for another project.
We Do Geek WIP1.jpg
I've been starting new projects and cycling through my WIPs a lot recently. I realized that in the last month or so, I've stitched on 11, 14, 16, 18, 22, 25 and 28 count aida, fiddler's aida, hardanger, lugana and monaco. LMAO I should probably finish a few WIP instead of just starting new ones.
Last edited by Moirae on Sun May 27, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (WIP-Etsy Patterns April -2018)

Post by Firehawke »

That is going to look SO fun...can't wait to see what fandoms are covered!

That's quite the variety of fabrics! I admire your ability to bounce between all of those!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (Labyrinth pattern complete)

Post by Moirae »

I finished my Labyrinth piece last night. I actually came close to being done the night before but I noticed Ambrosius (the dog) was one stitch too high, which made him off center. I set it aside for the night as I was tired from all the color changes in the characters (over 20 colors total); however, once I saw it, I couldn't unsee it and I figured 15 minutes to pull it out and another 45 or so to put him back in was better than it bothering me every time I noticed it. I also took the chance to give him a brighter blanket.

The original pattern called for the maze design to be stitched in the same gold color as mini-Sarah's vest. I picture green hedge mazes whenever I think of the movie. I also wanted to tie in the hoop's color and so changed it to DMC 906. Yep. That dreaded green that's so prevalent in my Mario and Bubble Bobble stitches, lol.

Pattern: You Remind Me of the Babe
Etsy - PlasticLittleCovers
Available here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/501657357/ ... mind-me-of
Price: $4.70 (actually 3.20 £ and varies by exchange rate)
Finished: April 12, 2018
14 Count Black Aida - Loops & Threads (Michael's Brand)
DMC Threads - 2 strands
Labyrinth Babe Complete.jpg
Stitched and Finished in a 7" Hoop - Loops & Threads
- The hoop came in a set of 10 hoops and 1 snap frame from Michael's ($23). I think you can buy them individually, but I wanted the 2 oval frames for stitching and they only had 1 available. I had a 50% off coupon and figured $11.50 was a great price. I get my oval frames and and a bunch of extra hoops for framing or whatever at about $1/piece.
- I bought this set on 8/12/2017 in-store. I checked their website and them have a set with the same size hoops at the same price, but they are all a slightly darker blue with white inner hoop. Might be cool for a matching collection to hang on the wall though you won't see the white when the fabric is on and they are more neutral than fuschia or orange lol.
http://www.michaels.com/loops-and-threa ... 31787.html
-I wonder if I should find something related to this piece that could fit in the other green hoop (4") ?
Stitchery Hoops and Frame Set.jpg
Here it is completed with just the stitching.
Labyrinth Babe Complete - no hoop.jpg
I like seeing the back of pieces and guessing how people stitched them, so I share mine when I remember to. Oh and afterwards I put in some black felt behind it to darken it and prevent the holes from being seen.
Labyrinth Babe Back %28finished%29.jpg
Last edited by Moirae on Sun May 27, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (Etsy Labyrinth pattern complete ; WIP-other Etsy Patterns April -2018)

Post by Firehawke »

It looks fantastic!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (Etsy Labyrinth pattern complete ; WIP-other Etsy Patterns April -2018)

Post by Moirae »

Second update on this pattern. I'm at about 40% complete now. I heard on the news that it was National Orchid Day when I was taking a progress pic, so I slipped in one of my few remaining healthy orchids. They were my hobby for a few years before I spent a year at my sister's house. Between the year I was gone, very hot summers, accidents and a lot of neglect, I have a few healthy ones like this left and a bunch of sad ones crammed in a pile.
We Do Geek WIP2.jpg
One of the reasons I changed to cross stitching as my main hobby was because you could put a project aside when you're busy or not in the mood for a month or two and just pick it back up when you're ready. Orchids not so much. Forget to water them during a heat wave because your dad has been hospitalized for a couple weeks and it's bye bye orchids. So, I'm really happy to be stitching now, but sometimes I do miss having my bedroom window look like this:
Orchids 2013.jpg
Last edited by Moirae on Sun May 27, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

I spy a Dalek!!! :yahoo: It's looking great!

Those orchids are beautiful!!! Hopefully life will allow you to have a window like that again soon!

Moirae
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Moirae's Misc Stitches (WIP-Egyptian Sampler update 4/19/18)

Post by Moirae »

Firehawke wrote:I spy a Dalek!!! :yahoo: It's looking great!
EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!
I picked this version partly because of these mini stitches.

Update on my Egyptian Sampler. I've started the papyri at the top and filled in a little in various places like the eyelets in the left border and finally finished the over-1 stitching on the Pharaoh. I even did all the backstitching on him and, let me tell you, there was a lot. I just have the confetti stitches and back-stitch in his border to do. I still have to finish the Queen now, but at least she's got way less backstitch for her headdress, one less color in her face and no beard.

Some daylight pictures (finally).
Egyptian Sampler WIP Mid-April Top.jpg
Egyptian Sampler WIP Mid-April Bottom.jpg
Before and After Backstitch
before and after backstitch pharaoh.jpg
Last edited by Moirae on Sun May 27, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

That backstitching adds SO much!!!

And I'm not surprised that the mini stitches helped you go with that version!