Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Venting Thread, or FML!

Anything goes!
blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Re: Venting Thread, or FML!

Post by blackmageheart »

cyvain87 wrote:From what I remember it is back related?
It is. It's due to compression of the sciatic nerve which goes from your lower back down the back of each leg. Causes can be different, as well as symptoms. :)

Hope you get sorted out with the stomach problems.
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

cyvain87
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by cyvain87 »

blackmageheart wrote:
cyvain87 wrote:From what I remember it is back related?
It is. It's due to compression of the sciatic nerve which goes from your lower back down the back of each leg. Causes can be different, as well as symptoms. :)

Hope you get sorted out with the stomach problems.
Thanks, it is getting quite frustrating. Next actual appointment I have with anyone is January at the moment feels like a lifetime away but I guess I'll get there.

deborah
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by deborah »

I got a car from a 90 year old woman in July. There was a few repairs to do not much so I decided to take it. The coolant light was malfunctioning and needed a serpentine belt. I had a little more work done to it. It was acting up the on Friday when I was driving it. The transmisiion is going out on it. I got the car for free if you don't count the repair work done on it. The repair work was a little above 1000 dollars. It is a 1994 Grand Prix. The repair shop is looking for a manufactured transmission. Estimated cost 2000 dollars. I think now I should have said no to the car. I didn't know what condition it was in when I decided to take it.

cyvain87
Rank 0 - Little Mario
Rank 0 - Little Mario

Post by cyvain87 »

deborah wrote:I got a car from a 90 year old woman in July. There was a few repairs to do not much so I decided to take it. The coolant light was malfunctioning and needed a serpentine belt. I had a little more work done to it. It was acting up the on Friday when I was driving it. The transmisiion is going out on it. I got the car for free if you don't count the repair work done on it. The repair work was a little above 1000 dollars. It is a 1994 Grand Prix. The repair shop is looking for a manufactured transmission. Estimated cost 2000 dollars. I think now I should have said no to the car. I didn't know what condition it was in when I decided to take it.
Ouch that sounds like a bargain gone expensive....

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

I have no idea what I have to do to get a job. I've lost count of how many jobs I've applied for since moving to the city, but I've been knocked back for everything. I've had my resume looked over by professionals, I'm educated and have tons of experience in retail and qualifications in business, but I still can't get a call back on anything. The most recent one was a brand new discount supermarket in walking distance to where I live. It's starting to get pretty damn demoralising, folks.
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Ally, wish I knew how to help, but I've been out of the world of work for so long that I wouldn't know where to start! I do remember how disheartening it is to apply for everything going and get no replies.
Dumb question - would it be worth looking into starting up your own thing?
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Ally
Rank 10 - Cape Mario
Rank 10 - Cape Mario

Post by Ally »

BMH, interesting idea, but not when I still live with my parents/have no car/have no money/have no comprehension at all of what goes into starting one's own business! I've always liked the idea of starting one of those subscription boxes, but I've got no idea what would go into them...
CURRENT PROJECTS:
Lol projects? What are projects?

Follow me on Tumblr: http://ally147writes.tumblr.com/

blackberrybear
Rank 8 - Statue Mario
Rank 8 - Statue Mario

Post by blackberrybear »

Sad news
I was awoken up this mourning to a phone call with news that my sister is dead. She had gone out drinking Thursday night and didn't come home. They found her car abandoned and her floating in the lake Friday afternoon/evening ( don't know the times). Our personalites were too different for us to be close but it's still hard to swallow.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

blackberrybear I am so sorry to hear that terrible news. I hope you and your family will be ok.

Remy
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by Remy »

blackberrybear - *hugs* I'm sorry for your loss.