Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Venting Thread, or FML!

Anything goes!
Aridesh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Re: Venting Thread, or FML!

Post by Aridesh »

Yeah, I understand too. I'm not "old" by any means (20, nearly 21.), but I don't act like the other people my age that I know. My husband and I would rather stay home playing video games or crafting than go out and have nights that we won't remember the next day. I've had a lot of friends of mine make fun of me by calling me old and not fun, because I cross-stitch and don't get drunk or do drugs. In my opinion, it beats anything they're doing! :D Plus, I get cool, video game related art work for my walls! :nod
Current WIPs: Baby's Christmas Stocking
Shop: fromarideshwithlove.tictail.com
Blog: fromarideshwithlove.wordpress.com
Most progress pictures are on my Instagram. http://www.instagram.com/craftyaridesh

LinkIsMyHomeboy
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario
Rank 9 - Hammer Mario

Post by LinkIsMyHomeboy »

Other than being unemployed (again!), I don't have too much to complain about. I do want to weigh in on some of the things you guys have been discussing, though.

50 shades-If you didn't know, the series originally started out as a Twilight fanfic. Christian Grey=Edward, Anastasia Steele=Bella. That could be some of the appeal. I, for one, read them just to see what the hype was. They were good for a few hours of what I call "dumb reading." They kept me entertained for a little while and I'm neither worse nor better for having read them. I feel if you don't like the idea of them, don't read them. Just my opinion.

high school-It sucks for most people who aren't part of the "in" crowd. I wasn't bullied or made fun of or anything, but I do not look back at high school as some of the best years of my life. I was very depressed, suicidal/cutter, and really didn't get anything out of high school besides my diploma and I suppose, my husband (we met in middle school). I am hardly in touch with anyone from there, including the chick who was my best friend/maid of honor at my wedding (she unfriended me on Facebook after a heated political discussion) and I don't really have very many fond memories from those 4 years. I say don't dwell on things that happen during that time, because it's really not worth getting worked up over things that dumb teenage boys/girls say/do or letting those things affect your life.

msstitcher
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by msstitcher »

Aridesh wrote:Yeah, I understand too. I'm not "old" by any means (20, nearly 21.), but I don't act like the other people my age that I know. My husband and I would rather stay home playing video games or crafting than go out and have nights that we won't remember the next day. I've had a lot of friends of mine make fun of me by calling me old and not fun, because I cross-stitch and don't get drunk or do drugs. In my opinion, it beats anything they're doing! :D Plus, I get cool, video game related art work for my walls! :nod
There is nothing wrong with this!! I very very rarely drink, if I do I don't get smashed, I just don't see the point in it, why would you spend so much time and money acting like an idiot?!!?! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I've been called old etc etc for the same reasons, but just because we are the minority it doesnt make us wrong!
"Geekiest Wife Ever!!!"
http://www.msstitcher.blogspot.com

kasura_iome
Rank 5 - Frog Mario
Rank 5 - Frog Mario

Post by kasura_iome »

msstitcher wrote:
Aridesh wrote:Yeah, I understand too. I'm not "old" by any means (20, nearly 21.), but I don't act like the other people my age that I know. My husband and I would rather stay home playing video games or crafting than go out and have nights that we won't remember the next day. I've had a lot of friends of mine make fun of me by calling me old and not fun, because I cross-stitch and don't get drunk or do drugs. In my opinion, it beats anything they're doing! :D Plus, I get cool, video game related art work for my walls! :nod
There is nothing wrong with this!! I very very rarely drink, if I do I don't get smashed, I just don't see the point in it, why would you spend so much time and money acting like an idiot?!!?! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I've been called old etc etc for the same reasons, but just because we are the minority it doesn't make us wrong!

That's so true! I'm just glad that I have a close knit set of friends that agree with me on this. No one pressures anyone else into doing anything more than want to either, so that's great. I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a Mike's Pink Lemonade when it's available, but I can't really drink more than one or two of them before I start feeling a little queasy. I don't get how people can put themselves through that willingly = /
It's funny how people who do all of that craziness thinks that we are the ones losing out, when we end up having all of our memories, and a functioning brain xD
Deviantart? Why yes, I do have one! = 3
http://kasuraiome.deviantart.com

Aridesh
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by Aridesh »

kasura_iome wrote:
msstitcher wrote:
There is nothing wrong with this!! I very very rarely drink, if I do I don't get smashed, I just don't see the point in it, why would you spend so much time and money acting like an idiot?!!?! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I've been called old etc etc for the same reasons, but just because we are the minority it doesn't make us wrong!

That's so true! I'm just glad that I have a close knit set of friends that agree with me on this. No one pressures anyone else into doing anything more than want to either, so that's great. I mean, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a Mike's Pink Lemonade when it's available, but I can't really drink more than one or two of them before I start feeling a little queasy. I don't get how people can put themselves through that willingly = /
It's funny how people who do all of that craziness thinks that we are the ones losing out, when we end up having all of our memories, and a functioning brain xD
Exactly! I'd rather drink for the taste, on occasion to a slight giddiness, than get plastered. It's more fun that way. Even then, though, it's much cheaper to do it at home, and safer too.
We're not missing out on anything! We get to remember everything we do and have sprite stitch friends who understand! :D
Current WIPs: Baby's Christmas Stocking
Shop: fromarideshwithlove.tictail.com
Blog: fromarideshwithlove.wordpress.com
Most progress pictures are on my Instagram. http://www.instagram.com/craftyaridesh

stitchingmama
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by stitchingmama »

Living in the 21st century yet still getting :pika 'd over for having a baby and going on maternity leave.

Sometimes I wish I was a man.
"I need to feel your cross stitch. Feels like 8-bit" - my three year old

DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by DuckyBelkins »

I'm feeling a bit heartbroken tonight. I used to view a certain person as an older brother and he totally encouraged it. Over the past few years I knew we drifted apart but as soon as his daughter was born he quit talking to me entirely. It's been 7 months and he hasn't said a single word to me even though I've texted him. I know I can't expect him to spend hours talking to me anymore or anything but really? You can't even answer a text? His wife has me on FB and wished me a happy birthday, I just wish I could tell if the distance is intentional or if he just doesn't care anymore, which it's okay if he doesn't care, it really is (even if it hurts). Anyway, this all got brought up because my friend posted a youtube video with him in it.
Image Image Image Image

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Ducky, I can come at that from the opposite side (sort of). I didn't talk to my two best friends much anymore when I fell pregnant (because they were friends with my ex and I honestly thought they would side with him). When my daughter was born I didn't talk to them at all for months, concentrating on baby and my new life as a single parent. But I missed them both terribly. They both emailed me occasionally to see if I was ok and I felt awkward and weird replying so I kept it very short.
Eventually, once I had a routine going and things had settled down, I decided to get talking to them both again. I found that they had missed me and both had pretty much stopped being friends with my ex and preferred to be my friends. After that we spent a lot of time together and I have relied on their love and support when times have been hard for me.
We are still friends now! Better friends, too. One of them is now my boyfriend! :D
What I think I'm trying to say Ducky, is that you should just give it time. I know it's hard to wait and it's the not knowing that's the worst part. If he's a true friend he will come back to you eventually!

Quick vent for me too. DOCTORS!!!! ARRRRGHHHHHHHH! Why do they look at me like I'm making up my symptoms? For months now I've had awful sleep andfatigue problems. I can't stay asleep, I'm always tired and I have motion sickness when I try to play or watch games or even watching TV. I think it's affecting my immune system because I can't seem to fight off this bloody tonsillitis. I don't usually get so ill but this year it's been one thing after another. Yet there is apparently nothing wrong with me. If there's nothing wrong with me, how come I am suffering so much? And people need to stop giving me advice on how to get to sleep. I CAN GET TO SLEEP FINE WHY DON'T ANY OF YOU LISTEN? But you know what people are like with advice, everybody's got some! Anyway, probably going to have to go back to the freaking doctors, maybe annoy them into referring me somewhere because I feel completely terrible all the time.
Then again, I always feel a bit better when I come to Sprite Stitch! :D
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

DuckyBelkins
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by DuckyBelkins »

Aw thank you BM, that does make me feel better!

I'm sorry about your health problems, it actually sounds like similar health problems I have. Can you try motion sickness pills? They really helped me out this summer when I was obsessed with Skyrim.
Image Image Image Image

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

Glad I helped a little!
DuckyBelkins wrote:Can you try motion sickness pills? They really helped me out this summer when I was obsessed with Skyrim.
I thought about trying them, but they often disagree with me anyway! Funnily enough, Skyrim was one of the only things I could play up until recently, so I know it's getting worse. My boyfriend has suggested trying an acupressure bracelet as they are supposed to combat motion/travel sickness to so I might just do that!
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...