Sorry for the downtime, welcome back!!

Venting Thread, or FML!

Anything goes!
icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Re: Venting Thread, or FML!

Post by icedragonj »

Aegidia, I am glad you and everyone you know are safe. I don't really know what else to say, terrorism is horrible.

LucyInTheSky I used to live in a similar share house situation, but I was one of the girls upstairs. My room is usually a mess, so it took a while for me to realise we had been robbed when I couldn't find my android tablet. One of the other girls was a treasurer for a university club and had some money taken. Luckily that was all they took. I was the last one to leave and was accused of not locking the door, when I am sure I did. The guy downstairs in the granny flat was home at the time and didn't hear a thing.

It is a horrible feeling to know that someone was in your house and going through your stuff, I was super freaked out when it happened to me. But, like with most feelings it will fade. They don't always come back, and I doubt they would soon after as you are all likely to be on high alert. Thieves are usually more interested in stealing things and not getting caught than in hurting people. Not sure if this is all that helpful, but I feel ya.
I am known across campus as "The girl who knits in lectures"

LucyInTheSky
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario
Rank 7 - Kuribo Mario

Post by LucyInTheSky »

icedragonj wrote:LucyInTheSky I used to live in a similar share house situation, but I was one of the girls upstairs. My room is usually a mess, so it took a while for me to realise we had been robbed when I couldn't find my android tablet. One of the other girls was a treasurer for a university club and had some money taken. Luckily that was all they took. I was the last one to leave and was accused of not locking the door, when I am sure I did. The guy downstairs in the granny flat was home at the time and didn't hear a thing.

It is a horrible feeling to know that someone was in your house and going through your stuff, I was super freaked out when it happened to me. But, like with most feelings it will fade. They don't always come back, and I doubt they would soon after as you are all likely to be on high alert. Thieves are usually more interested in stealing things and not getting caught than in hurting people. Not sure if this is all that helpful, but I feel ya.
Hey icedragonj,

Yeah, that helps, thank you. It's been getting better. I made curtains last night and my friend is coming over tonight to hang the curtain rod. And I felt less freaked out in the house last night. As I mentioned, I made some changes like hiding the few valuables that I have, but otherwise, I'm trying not to worry too much. If someone wants to get in, they will. I have a 15 year old Alienwave monstrosity desktop, a 2nd Gen iPod Nano, a handful of DVDs, and even most of my jewelry is not worth much (cash-wise, very sentimental). So if someone did break in looking for jewelry/electronics/cash, I feel like they'd be mostly disappointed. And I don't want to get (stay) all freaked out and put in an alarm and get a floor-attached safe and all the other things my dad wants me to do. I'd rather change a few things and go on living my life.
Check out my blog: GorramQuilts.com

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

LucyInTheSky wrote: And I don't want to get (stay) all freaked out and put in an alarm and get a floor-attached safe and all the other things my dad wants me to do. I'd rather change a few things and go on living my life.
Yeah, sounds like the cost of an alarm system and safe would outweigh the cost of your valuables. Seems like a good attitude to have. I am glad you are feeling a bit more settled. :nod

cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by cirestan »

Nothing more frustrating than getting a Notice of Intellectual Property Infringement from Etsy for something you can find DOZENS of on the site that people have been selling for YEARS.
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AStitchNCrime

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RescuedArtSho ... _shop_menu

icedragonj
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by icedragonj »

As many of you know I am currently living in Japan in a little town called Hita on the island of Kyushu. Since Thursday evening there has been many many Earthquakes, initially centered around Kumamoto, but they have been slowly moving closer to my prefecture of Oita. While I have not been injured, and I don't know of any damaged buildings in my town, it is F***ing terrifying and I haven't got a decent nights sleep since it started. The experts are unsure of what will happen next as this many large quakes in this area is unprecedented. I am sick of always being on edge and just want it all to be over! I worry about the people in worse affected areas, and hope that assistance can be delivered speedily.

cirestan
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario
Rank 4 - Raccoon Mario

Post by cirestan »

I hope you and yours are safe...
Is it too soon for Godzilla jokes?
Visit my Etsy Store "A Stitch 'N' Crime"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AStitchNCrime

Visit my OTHER Etsy Store "Rescued Art Shop"
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RescuedArtSho ... _shop_menu

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

My nylon allergy went from minor to acute, so I've had to replace a number of things, including my craft gloves and my wrist brace. The craft gloves came (yay!), but the new wrist brace was too small (boo!)...and while all of this is going on, my carpal tunnel flared up :banghead: This week, I've been able to craft for 30 minutes or so :shock: I'm waiting for my larger brace to ship and feel that I may go crazy if I can't craft soon!

(on a good note, the fingerless cuffs I made years ago do provide a bit of support, so I can at least use my hands at work and I can poke games on my Kindle left handed).

Thanks for listening! :secret
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson

SheWhoRoars
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario
Rank 6 - Tanooki Mario

Post by SheWhoRoars »

My boyfriend and I broke up last night. Or more, he left me. We had only been together nine weeks, but it was both of our first relationships, and I was really looking forward to a future together. So, I cried a lot. But it ended pretty well, and we were really good friends before dating, and we decided that we want to stay very good friends. But I'm really, really heartbroken. It felt really sudden, and yeah.

blackmageheart
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by blackmageheart »

SheWhoRoars, I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok /hugs/
RMDC wrote:...I've been stitching at an estimated rate of almost a full BMH per day...

Firehawke
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario
Rank 12 - Yoshi Mario

Post by Firehawke »

:cry: I'm sorry to hear that!!!
"May we maintain the courage to defy the consensus. May we ever choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong." - President Thomas S. Monson